If all the reviews that you have read about the Springs Resort in La Fortuna Costa Rica have not made you book your reservations directly with the Springs Resort this review will certainly pursuade you. They say that a picture says a thousand words and yet pictures do not do this resort justice. It is far too beautiful and much to relaxing to be captured by any mere image.
My Husband and I were originally booked for 7 nights at the Paradisus Playa Conchal in Guanacaste but decided to break the trip up a bit for our honeymoon "adventure". That was probably the most inspired idea we could have had, but when we chose the Springs resort based on the great reviews our genius was revealed. This place was amazing the moment we arrived they knew it was our honeymoon gave us a complimentary bottle of wine (which all of the mini fridges have in the rooms - less than $20 and you get a full bottle...not bad). Also we were given what we understood to be a complimentary 15 minute couples massage which turned out to be 50 minutes and was absolutely heavenly.
The hotel was eager to help us with our tour adventures which we decided upon the Sky Trek zip line tour (and we were not disappointed). The tour group picked us on time and we had an amazing experience. Once back at the hotel we enjoyed what seemed like our own private resort we were there from May 9th - May 12th and although I must say the cloud cover never rose above half of the volcano as we sat on our our own private veranda we still though we had a million dollar view.
All the hot springs, hot tubs, pools etc were fantastic and beautiful beyond words. There has been really no expense spared on this resort, owned and operated by an American (which shows). The food was excellent and plentiful, the drinks were reasonably priced at around $7 per drink. They had a fabulous outdoor gas burning fireplace where they served lunch and although no one else thought that was the hot spot we did, every night we had drinks by the fire and thought we were the luckiest people on the planet.
Well I certainly hope that this review whet your appetite for an unimaginable piece of heaven here on earth in a country that is breath takingly beautiful and exciting.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park