Our family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids ages 5 and 7) stayed here for 3 nights May 3-6, 2009. It was a little out of our price range but we decided to "splurge" and we are so glad we did! My husband and I both agreed that this was probably the nicest hotel we've ever stayed at. The decor can be described as a sort of understated elegance. It's not too over the top, just very tasteful and comfortable. Our room was a family suite and it was huge. The kids had their own room and bathroom upstairs which they loved. The view of the volcano from our room was awesome! One day, the skies were clear (apparently this is rare) all day until 3pm and we had unobstructed views of the volcano.
The pools have to be seen to be believed! Pictures do not do it justice. If you have kids that love to swim, you must stay here! Our kids were in the pools from morning till night, we couldn't get them out of them! In particular, the Perdido Springs (Lost Springs) which is about 100 meters south of the property are breathtakingly beautiful. The landscaping and the architecture that went into building these springs are amazing. Careful of the monkey slide! As others have stated, it's quite fast. My daughter hit her head on it the first time she went down.
The food at the resort is good, not great. It's exactly to be expected at a resort in the middle of nowhere. They had a very good, reasonable kid menu - $6 for grilled mahi mahi that was so delicious. The rest of the menu was good, just not very extensive. After 3 days we were a little tired of it but this would probably happen at any resort. The breakfast was a good value. $10/adult for buffet and they only charged us $5 for both kids.
Overall, I would wholeheartedly recommend the Springs Lodge and Spa. It seems to fit the bill for both honeymooners and romantic couples, as well as for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Low Cost Holidays, Odigeo, Otel and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park