The Springs was a superb and unexpected stay! My husband and I were married in Manuel Antonio, and decided to take a mini-moon to the place where we were engaged, which happened to be the Peace Lodge, which is another amazing hotel from the same owners. As mother nature took her course with the earthquake, so did our plans with staying at the Peace Lodge. The hotel gave us two choices: refund or stay at their new sister hotel, The Springs. We had went to Arenal once before and never saw the volcano because of the clouds, so I thought, here is my second chance! Much to our luck, Areal volcan was in clear view for 2 days straight! Here are some details:
Location: From the main road, the town of La Fortuna is about a 10-15 min drive, but from this main road you take another more country road inwards for about another 4km to the hotel. Once you arrive there you know why the hotel was built there! The volcano is there with all her glory, if you can see it, of course!
Staff: Wonderful! I am biased a little because I love all Costa Rican people, but the staff were truly friendly and provided awesome services. Albero took us around for a tour of the grounds and the hotel, and was very nice. Throughout our whole stay everyone was great, and spoke great English. There was also awesome staff member named Daniel who seemed to be always there ready to help us!
Hotel: WOW!! The main building hosts the lobby,one of the stores, most of the bars and restaurants. Most of the building is open air and have large windows to allow the guest to look at the volcano every chance they can. The rooms are stationed past the upper pool areas. The rooms are even nicer than in the pictures. The bathroom is luxurious as well as bed! The cool thing is also there is Wi-Fi in all the rooms as well, and there is speakers throughout the room, and even in the bathrooms. Hook up your ipod and relax on the hammock!
Grounds: The grounds are gorgeous! There is a main pool that has the swim-up bar, as well as the perfect picture spot for the volcano. Throughout the upper grounds, are about 12 pools of different sizes and temperatures that have lots of little areas where people can find their little nook to hang out in. The Perdido hot springs are surrounded by beautiful flowers and vegetation. There are about 7 different springs, and lots of fun to take a dip in. There is a awesome slide that is meant for kids, but believe me, very fun! Take advantage of the fact that the springs are not crowded like Tabacon, because soon I am sure it will be!!!
Food: Since we had already been to the Arenal area before, we decided that we just wanted to stay at the hotel the whole time. There are plenty of restaurants to eat at and variety for just a 3 day stay. We ate at the Sushi restaurant which was delicious, and at the Tres Cascades for room service and for dinner, and it was also quite good as well. However, the prices of the food were a little steep for some the lunch and snack items. The food was undoubtedly good but the food and drink bill can be higher than you expect if you don't watch out! If you like to drink or want to drink more because you are on vacation, bring a bottle of your own booze!
All in all, I highly recommend this hotel. It is luxurious without being pretentious or losing the Costa Rican feel. The rooms and grounds are beautiful, and the staff are wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Low Cost Holidays and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park