Some friends of ours were travelling through Costa Rica and an opportunity presented itself for us to meet up with them in the Arenal / La Fortuna area so we took the 3½ hour drive from the Central Pacific coast to meet them. We stayed overnight and over the two days we took the opportunity to visit the hot springs. We chose the Springs Resort and Spa as they offered a very good value “special two day pass” We found the staff to be very helpful from the moment of arrival to the moment of our departure, even the front gate security man was friendly and helpful and helped our friends get pictures of the waterfall at the front gate. The first day we arrived in the mid-morning and opted to go down to the “Club Rio” and enjoy the hot springs and river there. On arrival at the club we were met by staff and guides and first went on a tour of the wildlife rescue sanctuary where we had a chance to see a variety of Toucans, Sloths, various monkeys and the highlight the wild cats, Margay, Ocelot, Jaguarundi and Puma. The walk through the sanctuary was up hill and toward the end my “gammy” leg was protesting so Jorge our very helpful guide called for a mini bus shuttle to take me and the rest of the group back down to the club. We then sampled the various hot springs pools all of varying temperatures, the hotel provides towels for day pass visitors and there are very good changing and shower facilities at the various locations and after a late lunch at the riverside restaurant we left to explore more of the area. Next morning saw us back at “The Springs” to partake of the waters once again, this time opting for the pools in and around the hotel and after copious amounts of soaking in hot water and a cocktail at the swim up bar (with volcano view) we moved on to lunch at the “Treetops Restaurant”. Sadly it was then time to depart, our friends were off to the hanging bridges and we heading back to Central Pacific coast. We found the Springs to be a place that we would happily return to at any time, staff were friendly and helpful, drinks and food was not over expensive considering the location and although we did not stay in the hotel overnight we are sure that the great service extends to residents.
There are other activities available at the “Club Rio” tubing, kayaking, and rappelling and rock wall climbing, great for the more agile visitors. There is a complimentary shuttle bus every 30 minutes between the hotel and the “Club Rio” as well as golf cart shuttles on request between the various hotel levels. We will be back…………….
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park