I would like to start off by saying that I am a travel agent and was invited to experience The Springs by the owner and sales manager of the resort as well as it's sister property, La Paz Waterfall gardens / Peace Lodge. I brought my never-been-out-of-the-country friend to join me in this experience.
The Springs is every bit as gorgeous as the website and other reviews portray. The thermal pools were luxurious and were so perfectly placed within the property that there was plenty of room to hide away and have your own hot spring for a while. We were fortunate to stay in a two bedroom family suite with direct views of Arenal Volcano. My bathroom in and of itself was so beautiful, complete with a jacuzzi tub, shower and more room than I could possibly ever need. My bed faced a wall of windows that lead to our huge balcony complete with hammocks and table and chairs. Needless to say, we spent a fair amount of time out there. The second bedroom had two twin beds, a jacuzzi tub in front of the window and it's own bathroom. Words can't describe the room so take a look at the photos. As far as the staff goes at the Springs goes, a few words comes to mind : attentive, friendly and fun! The staff at The Springs be sure to call you by your first name and take time out to know who you are and what you're all about. We invited some of the wait staff to join us out in La Fortuna and sure enough they did! We spent the night chatting with them as though we'd known them for years.
This is an excellent property to go to if you're wanting to completely unwind and feel like royalty. The accommodations, the surroundings, the staff and the overall vibe of the resort left me feeling like I was in paradise.
The only thing I would change would be the music in Las Ventanas restaurant. It was the same music over and over again and although it was lovely, it got a little old to listen to. Overall, a lot of thought and love went into making this property what it is. A great big thanks to Lee Banks for having such beautiful dreams and for turning them into realities that we can all enjoy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park