This was our second time staying at The Springs, and we absolutely love this resort! First, we want to thank the entire staff for such a wonderful vacation. We were spoiled during our second stay just for being repeat guests, and it made us feel so special! The staff is a huge reason why we went back this year.
My mom, sister, and I stayed for six nights during the low season in early September. September is considered to be during the rainy season, but honestly there wasn't that much rain and the rain we did get was mostly at night. It's such a great time to visit due to the lack of crowds.
The resort is gorgeous! So green and luscious, with incredible flowers everywhere you turn. The main building and the rooms are all beautifully built as well! The pools throughout the resort are filled with natural spring water and have varying temperatures, so anyone can enjoy them, and are cleaned every day. Their game room is a lot of fun with table tennis, video games, puzzles, and virtual golf. There is also a spa if you need a pedicure or massage during your stay.
All of the rooms are awesome! You have to take a short walk from the main building to get to them, but it's nice exercise. They all have a great view of the volcano, a patio with hammocks, and a beautiful interior. You also get fresh flowers in your room everyday. We had the chance to stay in a two bedroom suite on the fourth floor, and it was incredible! The patio and one bedroom had vaulted ceilings while the other bedroom had a bay window. Needless to say, the views of Arenal Volcano were top notch.
There are multiple places to eat and drink at the resort. We really enjoyed Tres Cascadas and mostly ate dinner there this year, but be sure to try the Costa Rican breakfast at least once! Ginger Sushi was also a favorite of ours.The fruit in Costa Rica is super delicious, so we had to eat it everyday at either Treetops Grill or Club Rio.
Club Rio is where the resort's various on-site activities are located, as well as a restaurant and bar. If you've ever wanted to see a sloth, feed a toucan, or see a jungle cat, they have them all on a tour that is free for guests. We went kayaking in the river that runs through the property, and horseback riding (twice!). Horseback riding is our favorite activity because you get to see a lot more of the property that you wouldn't otherwise see and the horses can go faster than a walking pace if you want.
So, if you are looking to stay in Arenal, definitely consider The Springs Resort and Spa; you will not regret it! We enjoy our time there so much, we're going back in nine months!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Jetsetter, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park