My husband and I had researched various places to spend our 20th year anniversary, and for some reason knew this was the place! We read the reviews, looked at the beautiful pictures and decided to go for it. That was the greatest decision ever, and we are ready to go back ASAP! We were picked up the airport in San Jose by the wonderful driver, Rodrico (sp), which the Springs had prearranged. He stopped along the way and showed us the roadside stands, introduced us to new tasty fruits, as well as being delightful the whole time! We also met his brother Eric who was equally great! We arrived at the Springs and were totally speechless. The people who checked us in were great and I'm ashamed we can't remember all the names. The rooms were even more beautiful than expected, and the greatest view of the Volcano. We woke up to the thrilling sounds of wildlife, birds singing, hummingbirds flying on the balcony.... it was really like a dream. The bed was so comfortable and reminded us so much of the Ritz Carlton, ( that's a BIG PLUS in our book)! The room service was excellent....we picked up the phone to make a request, and they were practically there before we could hang it up! We came back to our rooms everyday, with beautiful towel arrangements the sweet maids had created for us. We loved the Springs and couldn't get over how "over the top" they were. I had been suffering with a terrible back pain 2 months prior to our trip, with numerous trips to the doctor/chiropractor. I literally sat in the springs (103 degrees) the first night, for about an hour and couldn't believe it.....instant relief and not another bit of pain!!!! We did the zip-line adventure at Sky Trek ( which was a blast) and had another great driver, Carlos. Johnny Castillo, the Concierge @ The Springs, was the best at arranging the outings, as well as the transportation! Club Rio was so much fun...we did the River Tubing, the Cat Tour... the staff there was also terrific! They were so helpful with everything and always greeted us with the sweetest smiles, and kind words. We fell in love with Jerry, who works at the restaurant at Club Rio...he had a great personality and a big smile! All the restaurants were great, from the delicious breakfast buffets to the wonderful tasting sushi! Thank you Rosi for your precious smile every-time we walked into the gift shop, you were always helpful with your suggestions! Thank you Donald Ulate @ Perdidos Bay...we appreciated all you did for us and always with a smile! A big thank you to Jose Antonio who always went out of his way when assisting us at dining times. All and all this was by far the greatest vacation we have ever experienced and certainly plan on returning...it was PERFECT in every way! A BIG Thank you to everyone at the Springs....you have truly stolen our hearts, and we love you all! (We know the word "smiles" were used quite often in our review....that's because we witnessed so many)!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park