The Springs Resort and Spa made our honeymoon kickoff spectacular. With breathtaking views from the room to secluded "perdido springs" nestled in the thick jungle beside the resort, this made the perfect romantic getaway. While we were only able to stay one night due to cost, I wouldn't trade the experience for anything. The room was straight from a magazine, and left nothing wanting. Hammocks, jacuzzi hot tub, and complimentary wine to celebrate our honeymoon.
Several amazing restaurants, all with incredible views. Las Ventanas restaurant was the best dress-up dinner we had the entire time in Costa Rica, and the service was second to none.
A word on cost: This is definitely not a cheap resort, and for good reason - in addition to the incredible service, rooms, springs, and the immaculate landscaping, there is actually an animal preserve on the lower portion of the property, with toucans you can feed and jungle cats you can visit. Our guide explained that the owner of The Springs started the sanctuary when the state-run program funding such preserves tanked. It was incredible to see the care of the animals, and the passion of the workers.
HELPFUL TIP: We visited Costa Rica and The Springs Resort in early September. This was the beginning of their 'slow season' with tourism, allowing us all the beauty and amenities with few other guests. For a honeymoon, this was better than we could have imagined. Every hot spring pool, every guided tour, every meal was basically just us! We walked hand in hand, and commented that this may as well be the Garden of Eden, the true paradise.
~B&C Van Soest
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park