The Springs in La Fortuna offers views that are cinematic. From the moment we arrived we were treated h
We were greeted by Allen who provided us with a brief tour and explanation of the facility. Clearly, a lot of time and money was invested into this property. It is apparent from the moment you arrive. The road leading to the property was a little daunting, like most of the roads in Costa Rica, but once you enter the property the quality of the property becomes quite apparent.
Once shown to the room, we were stunned by the size of the Junior Suite. The upper level is this particular room is larger than the lower level. The grand two-story picture window is centered on the Arenal volcano. The woodwork, cleanliness, furnishing were all first-class - tasteful, appropriate and comfortable. Full sized balconies were part of both the upper and lower levels. The balconies come with hammocks - very cool. As I swung in the hammock, staring at the volcano, I imagined being Simon Bolivar, resting after a long trek with his troops. (I knew I was in Central America, nonetheless the imagine of Simon Bolivar persisted.)
The hotel offers several thermal pools of varying degree and size. Please remember to not wear a white bathing suit into the sulphur pools - they will discolor. There are opportunities to find privacy for your friends and family. Rather than one large pool, there are several located on alternate levels.
The weakest component of this property is the food service. The family we were meeting arrived at the property two days before us. When we met them at the hotel they warned us that the food "was just not good." I agree. It's really a shame since the surroundings, the views are incomparable in this area. Breakfast, very weak; lunch average; diner sushi about the same as at an airport. We would have loved to have eaten at the property more, but it is not up to the standard of the rest of the property.
Concierge and tourist services were exceptional. We dealt with a lovely young lade named Joselyn (not exact on spelling) and she could not have been more enthusiastic or helpful. William, a bartender/service person is one of the most charming people on property. He greeted us warmly, gave us recommendations on restaurants and tours - what a gentleman!
Overall, we had a wonderful stay at this property. There is no hiding the fact that this is not an inexpensive hotel, but we felt it was very much worth the extra expense.
Best Wishes, Colin
Colin A. Burns
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park