This place is amazing. It is totally different than the many beach and Caribbean trips we have taken. It is definitely an adventure to get here. We landed at night, so thank goodness we had a driver to navingate the very windy roads in the dense fog. It is worth the journey. The place is new and clean and beautiful. It is built in the middle of the rainforest. You hear the sounds of monkeys and birds. The staff is like family. The food is excellent. We were truly relaxed. The property has so much to offer from the many hot springs to the wild life sanctuary to the river tubing and kayaking. And there is a lot more to do nearby - including the very exciting zip lining, hiking and hanging bridges. I am very glad we had a full week to enjoy it -- we probably could have stayed even longer! We were here after Christmas and into early January. We toasted the new year with the owner and his family -- most people went into the town for that night. It was great to be in the middle of nowhere and still have the comforts of home. They had great wifi and they let us reserve the seats at the pool bar to watch a football game -- and even served us our dinner there. The rooms were comfortable, all with amazing views of the volcano (when the clouds cooperated). We enjoyed the daily rain showers ... and under the canopy of the plants and trees you could easily take cover while it passed by. There is beauty everywhere -- really a unique not-to-be-missed experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park