We stopped in at The Springs Resort and Spa on a day pass to enjoy the hot springs and some lunch. (Our friend chose it over Tabacon because she has seen it on The Bachelor.) The water temp was different in each of nearly two dozen springs, making for some nice variety. About half of the springs had a great view of the Arenal volcano, and the other half were tucked away in the jungle.
It was a much different experience than Tabacon. Both enjoy the same amazing water, but The Springs has paved each and every one of their pools. Whereas, at Tabacon, you actually navigate through the river, with only the sides and paths being paved. Tabacon is definitely a bit more organic.
The lunch was excellent. I had a pear and grape salad that was super fresh.
All the employees we met spoke Spanish and English.
A very enjoyable day, and not too expensive at $50 per person (for a two-day pass).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Low Cost Holidays, Otel, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park