“Superb *****” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Springs Resort and Spa

You added The Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Montana de Fuego, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Superb *****”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I recently went and stayed at the springs and I just have to compliment for the atmosphere of heaven on earth there, everything seemed so tasty, I don’t know where to start, my eyes were touched by the stained glass, the vitral at the heliconia bar is a tropical flowers printed. Since the arrival to the check out the staff was so classy, the springs during the day are so refreshing and the water slide is hidden in a different path is just the end of a blasting afternoon, hungry? Afterwards the wet bar makes the special fruity drink, “the lava flow” and I had there, best nachos ever, at night this place is when dresses his gala, the springs are illuminated and is like a fairytale, after dinner which was over the top, we had a gelato fount with different ice cream flavors, the outstanding architecture is everywhere, the giant bay sleeve pieces are the guardians of the place. I had a room on the ground floor and the view of the volcano is perfect , the rooms have a good mix of class and luxury with a rustic touch, bamboo… the feather kilt and comfy bed is like sleep in a cloud, loved the shower and wished had used the Jacuzzi. This place is a winner; the staff is so interactive even the owner is not ashamed and is willing to advise whoever would like an advice about adventure and what to do, definitely I can’t wait to be back.

Room Tip: Ground floor has better view of the volcano
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

One of the most amazing places I have stayed. Our hotel room faced the volcano and I was able to watch lava fly out of the volcano as I laid in bed, how cool is that???

The water features on the resort were fun and beautiful. There os a small water slide in the jungle that was fun for both kids and adults. Food was great and local Costa Rican food. accommodations were amazing. The room was made with natural wood and tile. My wife and I had a large bed downstairs and our son and daughter had a bed and a couch bed of their own. We had a balcony complete with hammocks. The hotel had a small wildlife zoo with local jungle cats that is free with your stay.

I marked it down to a four for value only because it is a bit pricey. However you do receive a lot for your money when you add the accommodations, zoo, water features, beautiful grounds, etc.

I look forward to returning to Costa Rica and when I do I will again stay at the Springs!!!

• Stayed June 2012
TORONTO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We visited here on a day trip from a hotel about 4 hours away, it was well woth the drive. First we went to the animal sanctuary on the property and had a private guide accompany us the whole time. Next we spent several hours in the hot springs and hidden pools all around the property. There is a small bar and waterslide in the "Perdido Springs" area - an adult waterpark for a change. The view from the main part of the hotel is stunning. When it came time for dinner we ate at the outdoor restaurant overlooking Arenal Volacano. It was a nice treat to have 4 waiters look after us. They were very well trained and made our dinner just that much more special. This is a must visit place in Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Chatham, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Loved the resort from check in to check out. We drove in on our own so upon arrival they took our car parked it for us we had a tour of the resort and complimentary drink. Rooms were beautiful only complaint would be the mattress is just OK. Springs and pool were beautiful. Restaurants were excellent not overpriced. We went tubing that was a neat experience, we saw a poisonous snake which was pretty big, but our guides were great and handled the situation well. Apparently they don't see them often so no worries. I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family. We only stayed 2 night I would probably like to stay 3 nights next time. We hope to go back one day. You could also tell the hotel must treat their staff well everyone seemed to be so happy and you could tell they really enjoyed their job.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I was staying in a boutique hotel and town and wanted a chance to enjoy the hot springs. I was able to get a deal to have 2 days at the Springs with unlimited use of their pools, springs, and animal/water sports park and one free dinne. I never got around to the animal and water sports park. But noticing my surroundings upon checking in and walking around, this place is amazing. I can only imagine what the rooms look like, because the lobby area was amazing. the locker room is nice as well. Had many great hot springs and pools on top of a fantastic view of the volcano. I honestly did not want to leave. It is a ways away from the town-super secluded.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Deerfield Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Last October, we stayed at The Springs Resort and Spa for 4 days. This resort has to be one of the top ten resorts in the world. In addition to the incredible fine detail in landscape, waterscape, architecture, and interior design, there are numerous ways you can relax and enjoy the Costa Rica experience. The resort has pool scenes second to none. The resort is situated on the side of a mountain with whitewater river activities at the bottoom, naturally fed hot springs rock pools located on the slope of the mountain where you can sit and watch one of the most active volcanos in the world , and the resort with pools, spas, restaurants, etc. at the top of the mountain. Also at the resort, you'll find controlled habitats on display of various animals indigenous to Costa Rica, including 30 cats representing every species of cat in Costa Rica. This eco friendly resort has an extreme emphasis on the preservation of Costa Rican habitat and natural environment.
The rooms at the resort are top of the line equipped with everything you may possibly need on your vacation.
At the resort you can also enjoy horseback riding, river tubing, kayaking, hiking, wall climbing, yoga, ATV'ing and numerous other activities. They thought of everything at this resort for couples, families, or singles. A truly memorable experience.

Room Tip: Every room is great with an amazing view of the volcano.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Santa Barbara, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I was fortunate to experience a 4 day stay at The Springs Resort and Spa in December 2012. I have not experienced a more beautiful property during my world travels than this magnificent development in the Arenal Volcano National Park. The splendor of the rain forest, hot springs, water falls, river and all of its inhabitants have been preserved and protected for all to enjoy. The hotel accommodations, restaurants/food/dining experience, bars, spa, outstanding staff service, outdoor center/wildlife preserve, the views all warrant an A+ rating. In addition, an extensive adventure package is offered to include the hot springs, kayaking, river tubing, horseback riding, mountain biking, ropes course, nature tours, hiking trails, jungle cat and other animal sanctuaries. Your body, mind and soul will be refreshed and recharged at this wonderful property. I commend Mr. Lee Banks, the owner, for his vision and expertise in developing a truly first class vacation destination.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo