Just went to the hotel at Srings and Resort and Spa at Arenal. First, the rainy season is until the end of December. It rains about 300 days in Arenal so understand you may have some bad days. My wife and I just went the first week of January and the weather was great. It is always sunny in the morning and gets cloudy by the end of the day. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful and are kept up. The room was also nice with a new flat screen TV. The hotel employees were great, when we had problems with the bed or other problems in the room the staff took care of all the problems.
The breakfeast at the hotel was great. The only reason why I did not give it one more star was because the food at lunch and dinners were not great. It is a great place for families. Each room has a parking spot in front of it to park a two cars. Also the pool and hot springs were very nice.
This is a good four star hotel for your money. Finally, it is about a 10 dollar cab ride to the nearest city LaFortuna. The town has many places to eat which are cheaper than the hotel.
For activities try the zip-linning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park