“Jeff and Patty” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Springs Resort and Spa

You added The Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Montana de Fuego, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
Kennesaw, Georgia
“Jeff and Patty”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Beautiful and relaxing - spas are amazing. We spent a week in February and our room overlooked the volcano. Hummingbirds everywhere. Relaxing entertainment. The manager was great. He personally helped us retrace our horse back riding tour to track down a lost personal item - we found it. Much of the staff were friendly and top notch - especially the wait staff. The bartenders could have been more friendly and attentive.

There is a swimup bar with a great view of the volcano.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (431)
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My friend and I somehow ended up in the honeymoon suite! Shame I wasn't on my honeymoon. The unit was amazing. 2 bedrooms 2 baths. Perfect view of the Volcano. The sushi restaurant was great and a few spots in town were good too! Nene's was one of the in town restaurants recommended to us.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite was awesome!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

While I would never go there on dry season (nor could I afford to!) this resort was COMPLETELY worth the money. The hot springs are bountiful and beautiful, the view is incredible and the game room is pretty great too! Everyone who works there is SUPER especially our seemingly personal bell hop Allen. And if the resort wasn't great enough, the rescue animal house is an added bonus. Rudy was a terrific guide with lots of information and a great attitude in general. The one downside was that for how much we paid breakfast wasn't included.

• Stayed December 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Springs Resort & Spa is Unbelievable...I had the time of my life! The Resort's Amenities, Rooms & Service is 5 Stars. The staff is very attentive to your every need. The food is Fantastic & the Spring watefall pools are beautiful. The view of the volcano from my room, makes your day! I highly recommend staying here. I also went Zip Lining, Horse Back Riding, Rafting, & repelling over a waterfall. Very convenient location to all the major attractions that bring you to Costa Rica. I had the time of my life everything and plan to return next year. Rick Mulhern

Room Tip: Get the 2nd floor rooms looking over the Volcano. Very impressive....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

If The Springs has any fault, it is that it is too nice. Seriously, it's hard to believe a resort can be so beautiful, the staff can be so friendly, the pools and springs can be so plentiful, the food can be so good and the activities can be so fun. I just feel guiltily having it all! Special kudos to the staff everywhere. We loved Oscar and Giancarlo, who took us horseback riding, Gabriella and the team at the spa, Rudy, who introduced us to the cats, and all the bartenders, waitstaff, and caretakers throughout who made us feel so at home. One more thing.. There are only 44 rooms here! We never waited for anything and there was plenty of room for privacy when we wanted it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My boyfriend and I just returned back from The Hot Springs Resort and Spa after being there 3 nights over Thanksgiving week. It started with our 3 hour scenic car ride from San Jose, which I had arranged with the Hot Springs. Our driver was Rodrigo and he was great! You do have the opition to fly (natureair.com around $100 each way) however, I really did enjoy the drive especially because I have never been to Costa Rica before. But be prepared, the drive can be a bit bumpy and if have past experience with getting car sick, you may want to take something prior to the drive.

Once arriving at the resort, I was very much impressed with the beauty of the resort. Check in was very easy and they provided a 15min mini tour of the hotel that explained to us where dining was, the spa, Club Rio and the hot springs. Once arriving in our room, (vista room) I was very pleased. The room was very spacious, bed was very comfortable and had an impressive view of the volcano. Throughout our trip at the Hot Springs, I'd say we tried a little bit of everything they had to offer. But by far, Club Rio and our Extreme ATV tour was the best experience! Club Rio is located at the base of the resort (you take a 5min bus ride from the lobby, it leaves every 30min). They have many opitions for activities and its located right at the edge of the river in the midst of the rainforest. We tried the horseback riding, hiking and rock climbing. Extremely fun and the instructors and guides were very helpful and friendly. Whats also nice, is that they have restrooms, showers, a restaurant and bar down there as well! With respect to the hot springs, they were great! Not always as hot as what they say they are, but nice, warm and naturally heated by the volcano. In fact, you can see a lot of minerals still in the water. They have several locations for the hot springs all over the resort. Some right next to the main building, some closer to the villas hidden beneath the trees (very romantic) and some all throughout the hiking trails down near Club Rio. Overall, I would say we had a very pleasent experience at the Hot Springs. Great activities, nice rooms and hot springs. I would say the only things they may be able to improve on is, 1) the food, it was hit and miss on certain days. 2) the staff (most were VERY helpful and friendly). However, some seemed a little too casual and I would have appreciated a little more professionalism in their behavior. By far the best staff memeber they have is Will. He is a bartender and works throughout the resort. He is so nice, so friendly and always has a great attitude! Thanks Will!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am German but living since 20 years in Costa Rica. When my parents came to visit us I wanted to stay with them them for shure a weekend at this wonderful Hotel in La Fortuna, which we love to visit for his exceptional rooms and view and great stuff. Unfortunately I could not share it with them because the night before we were supposed to go there my mother broke her arm. Thanks again to the always friendly stuff who canceled the reservation without any charge even they were entitled to do so. Will be back another day !! Martin F.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family