My husband and I stayed there for five nights for our anniversary, and I truly cannot see how anyone can give this place a negative review. By the second day there we had seen probably eight different waiters and waitresses, and the every time they saw us thereafter there was a spark of recognition in their eyes, a smile on their faces, and a warm greeting. The housekeeping staff was outstanding as well; each day the room was cleaned and re-stocked perfectly. Yaneily & Michael (wait staff), and Oscar the bartender were definitely worthy of special mention. As were George Palacio, (technically our guide for the jungle cats rescue center, but we rode the transport down to Club Rio three different times and each time he managed to find unique and different things to show us and tell us about.) Our driver to and from the airport, Eric, was also very upbeat, talkative, and informative about things on the way to and from the airport. Although this is obviously how these people make their living, their smiling faces and warm greetings always appeared genuine, and it was a pleasure to be around such happy people. The views from the hotel itself are breathtaking. Whether in the main building, which consists of five floors of restaurants, a spa, and pools (both natural hot springs and two chlorine pools), or from the room. We stayed in an Alta Vista room, and had a remarkable view of not only the Rain Forest (you are in the middle of it), but the Arenal Volcano, which is a spectacle of nature all its own. I would definitely recommend going to Perdido Springs (probably 20 additional hot springs located right beside the hotel, but the property is so immense we didn't know about it until our third day!), and Club Rio. Club Rio is located 1 km below the resort, and has a restaurant/bar, horseback riding, ATV riding, kayaking, tubing, and just some great trails to take a relaxing stroll along while you choose which one of the many hot springs located down there as well. At the Treetop Cafe we saw monkeys on two different occasions as well as toucans. All in all, an unforgettable anniversary. Thank you, thank you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Despegar.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Hotwire and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park