“Volcanoes and Hot Springs and Paradise, Oh My” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Springs Resort and Spa

You added The Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Resort and Spa
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Montana de Fuego, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
Irvine, California
“Volcanoes and Hot Springs and Paradise, Oh My”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

This hotel is perfect in nearly every way - breathtaking views, lush, vibrant tropical foilage, soothing (and romantic) natural hot tubs...the list goes on and on. The drive to get here is indeed long and rough at times. For that, I am glad - it means no crowds to spoil this remote paradise. The food could be a bit bland and unappealing at times, but it was a small price to pay.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We just stayed at the Springs for 3 nights. It was truly a great experience which I would highly recommend. We stayed in the honeymoon vista room which was spectacular with its own private hot spring. The views of the volcano were absolutely amazing. I can't wait to go back! There are lots of things to do both at the resort and on tours operating about half hour away. The restaurants were very good. We had excellent meals and the service was also great. Three nights was not enough. I would have liked to stay here for a minimum of four nights. Will be returning for sure.

Room Tip: It seems as if all the rooms have great views - I don't think you can go wrong with any of them!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Foresthill, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I was able to stay here thanks to groupon!! We stayed in the alta vista room which was magnificent!!! We heard we were very fortunate to be able to see the volcano with no cloud cover!! The view from our room was outrageous!! The bed was super comfortable. The room was first rate luxury and our terrace was so large that it fit 2 hammocks, table chairs and 2 other additional chairs in it! It was first rate!! the setup around the hotel was spectacular with hidden mineral pools/springs throughout the property. One thing that was unfortuate was that the ones that were suppose to be super heated (103) wasnt that hot but enought to go in! Also they have a cool waterslide next to bar which was totally fun! Staff was very helpful and informative. Unfortuatley since we did go in the rainy season it did rain off and on and we were slightly limited- no swim up bar:( But would highly recommend. And didn't have time to go to club rio!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I was able to take in Club Rio at The Springs over the weekend and it was nothing short of AMAZING. There is a brand new climbing wall with a repelling wall also and it was a blast. The employees working on the climbing wall were friendly and very knowledgeable. Even though I was nervous about climbing because I had never done it before, they put me at ease!! I was able to go horseback riding through the hills and it was gorgeous. Tubing was sooo much fun down the river and the tour guides were excellent. After tubing, we went to the natural hot springs in Club Rio and the fountain of youth hot spring. This is something that just cannot be missed. The property is beautiful and the hotsprings in Club Rio as well as up at the hotel were amazing. Service, food, was to die for. I will be back in a heart beat!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Costa Rica

The highlights of my wonderful stay at The Springs were:
1 The amazing view on the volcano from my room. I suggest to go with the alta vista room so you have the best view on the volcano.
2; The hot Springs. They have many hot springs spread out through out the property so it doesn't ever feel crowded unlike other hot springs in the area.
3. Sushi. They got THE best sushi !!! rolled in a small layer of rice and a lot of fish in the inside. Las Ventanas restaurant is excellent
4. Club Rio. They offer great activities at the property which is very convenient so you dont have to travel far to have a good time. River Tubing was sooo entertaining and fun and I also enjoyed the horseback riding as the scenery was to die for.
Overall a very memorable stay and I would highly recommend this hotel to everybody

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I just came back from a great trip at The Springs Resort. I have been to Arenal many times, and I was interested to check out The Springs Resort's new adventure area called Club Rio. We first did horseback riding through the rainforest which was amazing. They take great care of the horses. The stables looked clean and the horses were well fed.

Although the rock wall is just being finished for high season, we were lucky enough to do it when we were there! The wall has 4 different difficult levels and you can choose which level you'd prefer. After you reach the top, you can rappel down on a rope! This was one of the nicest rock walls I have ever seen.

My favorite part of the trip was definitely the tubing adventure where we got to race through the rapids on individual tubes. It's a great alternative to white water rafting that works well for couples and families (with children older than 12). I was very impressed by all of the tour guides we met at Club Rio, but the guides that assisted us with the tubing adventure really made our trip fun while always keeping safety in mind. I loved that after the tubing tour, you literally float down the river till you get to their natural hot spring pools. The view is a amazing and the pools are so relaxing.

The Club Rio package is a great value. It's $99 and it includes two tours at Club Rio, a day pass to the beautiful hot springs and an authentic Costa Rican lunch. Many tours only allow you to do one activity a day, but this is the perfect place to do many tours in one area without having to travel around. I would recommend this tour to EVERYBODY looking for a full day of adventure!

Alajuela, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I recently spent a weekend at The Springs Resort and Spa. Wow! What an experience! From the minute you arrive, you know you are in for a treat! The welcome cocktail, the friendly and helpful staff, the incredible volcano views and the amazing hot springs. I absolutely loved Club Rio! What a fantastic way to spend a day!! We started off with horseback riding, then did the rock wall climbing, had a fantastic lunch down by the river, then went tubing down the river. The tubing was SO much fun!! The fact that all of these activities are right there on the property makes it easy to not have to leave the resort! I would definitely recommend this amazing resort to anyone and everyone. I can't wait to go back!!