From the moment we arrived to The Springs Resort & Spa (around 7:30p.m from our 3 hour van ride from San Jose!) we were greeted warmly by the staff! We were escorted to our two story Oropendula suite, I was fortunate to stay in this beautiful suite for 4 nights! It was just my cousin and I so we each got a floor to ourselves!
The Room: Oropendula suite
This is their $750 a night room, but so worth it! You walk in and you're in awe. There's a lot of wood and bamboo , so it gives you that luxurious wooden cabin feel. There is a small hallway to the first floor main room, along the way you pass the bathroom, equipped with a double sink, a walk-in shower (with seat), a walk-in toilet area, and the best Jacuzzi tub I've ever seen (honestly my favorite part of the room!jk but I love spa tubs!)
Once you enter the main room floor, you have a King size bed facing the main window---giving you a view of a lifetime---the Arenal Volcano! There are two chairs right in front of the window. Of course there is a full mini bar with a great wine selection. The balcony is awesome, equipped with a patio table, two rocking chairs, and two hammocks! Plus it has one of the best views in the world! The humming birds fly right up to the balcony...we did spot the feeders which draws them to the balcony. And you'll surely hear them and the jungle come alive around 5am. The only down-side to the balcony were the wasp. But if you ask the staff to take down the little nest the wasp create (on the daily basis) they do, so no worries. And at night the wasp sleep so you really don't have to worry about them too much!
Now onto the upstairs room, it's a open space with a king size bed, and a living room area (two couches and a coffee table)...other than the living room the set up is quite similar to the downstairs room with a mini bar and balcony. The upstairs bathroom room however only has a shower so if you want to use the tub you would have to go downstairs!
Both rooms come with flat screen TV's, DVD, radio, and ipod stations. They have this surround sound feature, so you can choose the rooms where you want to have the music...even in the bathroom, which I loved!
The Resort and Amenities:
The Resort itself is built on a side of a mountain which is why all the rooms face the Volcano! It is one of the most beautiful resorts I've ever seen!There are pools and springs everywhere! I only found one or two springs to be hot to my liking but that's because I love really hot water but they are all really nice and relaxing! There is one spring with a water-slide in the Perdido Springs area, that I didn't try but my cousin did and loved it.
The main part of the resort, has about 4 levels--this is where the front desk gift shops, restaurants, spa, and the gym are located. I didn't get to go to the gym but It looked great everything you need if you want to stay in shape while you're there! I did go to the spa my last day and had a hour Swedish massage which was quite heavenly. You get a robe and slippers, and you have access to the spa amenities like the sauna and lounge room.
We ate at Tres Casadas every morning...a very Typical American-like buffet. Nothing spectacular. Their Sushi bar is pretty good. And their dinner at Tres Casadas wasn't bad either. We did order room service one night, I had a steak, mashed potatoes and veggies and that was quite good. My cousin is a pescatarian and she'll liked their selections as well. I think for such a spectacular resort, the food could definitely be better. I would love to see more Costa Rican cuisine on the menu. But I talked to the Operations Manager and he insured me that the food is something they are working on. I went a few months ago so it could be different now!
We loved Club Rio which is their outdoor adventures part of the resort located down the hill. They have a bus that takes you every hour. We were able to experience tubing down the river..which was a lot of fun! The river is a little rocky but nothing you can't handle! We also went horse back riding through the jungle and up a mountain side...it was my first time on a horse, interesting to say the least. But it was awesome experience! They have a guide with you the whole time so you feel pretty safe.
Overall I loved the resort! And if you are in the La Fortuna Area you should stay at least a night or two or simply go for the day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Low Cost Holidays, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park