Others have described the physical layout of the Springs, so I won't try to duplicate their efforts. I can tell you that the photos on their website do not do the place justice. It is a wonderful property with spectacular views of the Arenal Volcano. Service is EXCELLENT, some of the best I have ever experienced anywhere in the world. A brief example...we went horseback riding and the guide made a little grasshopper out of palm fronds. We had it stashed in the cupholder of our golf-cart (which came with the Villa Calatea) and somehow it got removed from the cart. My wife mentioned this, and about 10 minutes later, one of the bell staff appeared at our door with the grasshopper! A very minor thing, but this tells you just how attentive the staff can be.
We were able to book Calatea for four nights, and a regular Honeymoon Suite (room, really) for the last two. IF you want to spend the $$$, go for the Calatea or one of the other upscale rooms. They are separate from the main hotel, come with a golf-cart for transport up the hill, and there are no screaming children in the vicinity, which was a MAJOR problem once we moved to the main building. Decor is fairly uniform (hardwoods, cane) throughout the property. The Calatea had incredible outdoor spaces, patios, 4 hammocks, plunge pool, two large bedrooms, two large bathrooms and an additional powder room, and a third, outdoor shower. It was a bit of overkill for just three of us, but still absolutely amazing.
We never did go into town for meals, as it rained hard every single night. Food on the property was expensive, but not horribly so, and good, maybe a 7-8 out of 10. We are told the food in La Fortuna is better and cheaper, but never made it to find out. Apparently the restaurant NEXT to the Burger King is very good.
Ultimately, we are glad we came, but likely will go back to Jade Mountain rather than returning here in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park