This property is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful settings I've seen and the room was exquisite. The onsite thermals are also a nice touch. However, the food was disappointingly average for such a high-end resort, the worst being a sub-par buffet at which we were charged $30 per person. Our advice is to go into La Fortuna to one of the local restaurants where you'll get much larger portions for much less and in much friendlier an atmosphere. The onsite excursions were also disappointing. The "volcano tour" cost about $50 per person and consisted of driving up to the volcano base and listening to a tour guide explain some basic history that you could get yourself in a guide book. The horseback riding trip took about 20 minutes. However, if you avoid the food and organize your own excursions, this is a very nice place to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park