My husband and I stayed at The Springs Resort and Spa for three nights at the end of November 2011. I had high expectations for this resort, given its reputation and prices, and I was not disappointed. It was definitely a five star experience from start to finish.
This resort is absolutely beautiful. The grounds are amazing. The Laguna Pools and Perdido Springs are super relaxing and fairly private. The resort sells day passes to tourists not staying at the resort, and my husband and I still had our choice of unoccupied pools.
The rooms are very large, clean and comfortable. The owners spared no expense and thought of every detail. Every room has a beautiful view of Volcan Arenal (IF the clouds lift – we only saw it 1 day). Our favorite detail of the room was the hummingbird feeder on our patio. The hummingbirds swarmed over it from dawn until dusk every day. The free wifi was also a nice perk.
There was a spa promotion at the time we booked our trip, which allowed my husband and I to receive a couples massage for free. The spa was amazing after a long day of hiking in the rainforest. It has a very clean, professional and relaxing atmosphere.
Be sure to take the Jungle Cat Tour on the resort property. This is a complimentary tour and one of the favorite parts of our stay. Our guide was very friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. We loved the ocelots!
The restaurants offer a decent variety of foods, and my husband and I had no complaints with any of our choices. Yes, the menus are pricey. The resort could benefit from an all-inclusive breakfast option.
Travelers should note that the resort is located about 15 minutes outside of town. My husband and I liked the privacy and preferred to stay at the resort for meals, but this might be something to consider if you expect to spend time in town or expect some kind of nightlife entertainment. There is also an upcharge for transportation for excursions you might book.
Overall, The Springs was an absolute treat. Our stay was very enjoyable, and I’d recommend it whole-heartedly to other couples who want to relax in La Fortuna.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A World Class Luxury Resort featuring Spectacular Hot Springs, Picture Perfect Views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and Four Restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 28 mineral laden, artesian Hot Springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. All of our amenities make The Springs Luxury Resort & Spa a great destination for Costa Rica vacations, weddings, or a honeymoon. Our 27,000 square feet of event, convention and meeting space have also made us the leading Costa Rica conference hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Otel, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Odigeo, Despegar.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park