Upon our arrival it was cloudy and started to rain. At which point I was thinking, oh my God, we're going to spend our entire trip inside because it's not gonna stop. Bummer. However, it stopped as quickly as it had started ;-) Our stay was a week long, and it rained more, but for very short periods of time. Overall, the weather was beautiful. When my boyfriend first told me about Recreo it almost sounded too good to be true. Even after booking our flight I was still wondering how good it would be. It turned out to be paradise. At certain times i felt bad for feeling so good :-) I loved it. There was plenty to do to keep busy, the weather fabulous, the beaches were pretty, I felt completely SAFE, and the natives were friendly and helpful. I fell in love with the resort's brown lab puppy and their brown and white horse. Such sweet animals. I love animals, but wouldn't call myself a dog lover, but after hanging with that cute pooch it made me want a dog of my own. Recreo also strives to be Ecoconscious, which wasn't a requirement for us, but it was definitely a really great plus. Also, to top that all off, we're Vegan. We (were fully prepared to eat avocados, beans, and rice for our entire stay) were slightly worried about variety and having something good to eat. Well, our chef, Heidi delivered. Everyday she whipped tasty meals for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. One of the things i enjoyed most about Recreo is their attention to detail/"small" things. I would highly recommend a stay for couples, a group of friends that are looking for a fun, private getaway, and families....well, I think that just about covers everyone. Do iiiiiit! You won't regret it.
"This location is perfect for elegant, beautiful, and breathtaking wedding photos"
Fun and inspiring travels to you,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recreo Resort, a 63-acre mountain and beach estate near Playa Rajada is just 1 hour and 30 minutes from Liberia airport. Choose from one of our private villas, all with private pools and ocean views. During the holidays,included in the price of the All-Inclusive package are airport transfers, a villa cook and housekeeper, all meals and beverages, concierge and all onsite activities including kayaking, tennis, mountain biking, hiking, snorkeling and a range of beach activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Recreo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Recreo Hotel Province Of Guanacaste
- Recreo Costa Rica/Guanacaste