My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights of our vacation. The hotel is outside of the main city and is very quiet. The grounds are pretty, with many tropical plants, and the pool looked clean and inviting, although we didn’t have time to use it. A giant fig tree in front of the main building was full of oropendola nests. We enjoyed watching them and several other types of birds.
There are some rooms in the main hotel building, but ours was part of a separate duplex. The bedroom and bath were both large and clean; the bed was comfortable but the pillows were a little thin. The room had flat screen tv with some English and movie channels, a mini fridge, and a sofa. Water pressure in the bathroom was sometimes a bit low. There was no air conditioning, but the weather was pretty cool and rainy, so we didn’t really miss it. There was seating on the front porch as well as a small private patio with table and chairs. Wi-fi was free in the rooms, plus there was one computer in the lobby area available for guests.
The first night, there was a tour group staying at the hotel, so dinner and breakfast the following morning were served as a buffet. The food was OK. The tour group left the following day, and we were given several choices for individually cooked dinner and breakfast items. Big improvement – everything was very good. The staff was friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa Florencia is the ideal place to relax and enjoy the beautiful landscape of the Turrialba Valley.Settled in the middle of Sugar Cane plantations and surrounded by mountains and tropical gardens, this hotel offers its guest a family oriented atmosphere and all the comfort of a boutique hotel. Villa Florencia Hotel offers an open air concept, surrounded by gardens, an open air gym, trails to walk on your own, a wonderful Jacuzzi and a beautiful swimming pool.The hotel has 11 guest rooms that allowed for a personalized service and a warm setting. All the rooms have private bath with hot water, satellite TV, coffee maker, hair dryer, safety deposit box and unique décor. Villa Florencia has a gourmet restaurant “Veroliz” named after the flower of the sugar cane, and offers a variety of menus including special diets upon request. The restaurant offer fresh ingredients and creative cooking, full of flavors, they even have a special menu for kids design by the owner’s daughters and a special menu for honeymooners on private garden. The area offers a enormous diversity of activities, that the staff of the hotel will be happy to organize for you, rafting the Pacuare and Reventazon River, visits to Guayabo Arqueological site, exploring the CATIE Botanical Garden or the very active Turrialba Volcano are just some of the activities located a few minutes away from Villa Florencia. Turrialba is also known as one of the best areas in Costa Rica to observe wildlife, specially birds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Villa Florencia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Florencia Hotel Turrialba
- Hotel Villa Florencia Costa Rica/Turrialba