“Incredible experience with some of the best guides in Costa Rica!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Pure Trek - Private Tours

Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Since 2001, Pure Trek Canyoning has been leading this new multi-sport adventure tour Canyoning by rappelling down waterfalls and hiking on beautiful trails in this spectacular rain forest slot canyon located right under the active Arenal Volcano in the town of La Fortuna. At Pure Trek we believe in focusing on one thing and doing it the best...Canyoning... that will rock your socks off!!! Family friendly...and adventurists too.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
La Fortuna de San Carlos, Costa Rica
8 attraction reviews
“Incredible experience with some of the best guides in Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just returning from the waterfall rappelling tour with Pure Trek, where we had a fantastic experience! For such an early morning, it was great to have such enthusiastic guides getting everyone into the spirit for the adventure.

Of the four rappels that we did, three were in waterfalls and one rappel was dry. The drier of the four was also the shortest rappel. Throughout, everyone felt safe and well cared for.

Our guides (predominantly Michael & Jason) were super! As a mixed group of Spanish and English speakers, they were quick to offer support to us when translation was failing.

A HUGE thank you goes out to the entire PureTrek team. We had an outstanding time!

Visited September 2013

Vancouver
3 attraction reviews
“Don't miss this! Best Guides in Costa Rica!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the best group activity we did in Costa Rica as, not only is the adventure itself of rappelling down waterfalls fantastic and heart-pumping, but the guies were amazing and great fun! They instilled confidence in us, gave wonderful cheers and were great ambassadors for Costa Rica. Don't miss this!

Baltimore, Maryland
29 attraction reviews
“Adventure seekers will love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great experience. Four rappels. Three were in waterfalls and one was a dry wall. Second favorite activity in Arenal. Favorite was white water rafting with Wave. The companies work together though so we did both on the same day. Best day yet in Costa Rica.

Visited September 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I had not been repelling before signing up for this tour. So glad we went with these guys. We had an exceptional time with our guides as well as the other people in our large group. We met people from all over the world and can't wait to go repelling again. Fun, safe and informative.

Seattle, Washington
7 attraction reviews
“Waterfall Rappelling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had no idea what I was in for on this tour. Our travel agency booked this activity and it was something I never tried and I thought my husband might like it, so I went with it, secretly terrified. I am fairly scared of heights. They throw you into the fire right away, as the first cliff is the tallest. The guides did a great job at keeping a relaxing and safe atmosphere. I leaned back and took the first jump and it was so scary and adrenaline-pumping and it took me forever to get down because my leading hand wouldn't listen to me when I told it to let up on the grip so I could go down, but I ended up LOVING it. It was so much fun! The other drops are not as long, but a little more complicated because a couple have you drop a bit before you can put your feet on a wall. You definitely get soaked, but the waterfalls and the canyon are gorgeous. I would definitely recommend adventure sandals and not sneakers. By the end of the tour I felt like I got the whole rappelling thing down and totally felt bad***. The way they have everything set up makes it entirely safe, and they have two guides helping you control, one at the bottom and one at the top. After that first cliff I realized I wasn't in any danger and it was just fun bouncing down waterfalls. I also really enjoyed the short hikes in the canyon and out of it, I hike a lot at home so it was interesting to me to see all the different fauna. This was my favorite adventure tour I did on my honeymoon in Costa Rica.