“Adventure seekers will love!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Since 2001, Pure Trek Canyoning has been leading this new multi-sport adventure tour Canyoning by rappelling down waterfalls and hiking on beautiful trails in this spectacular rain forest slot canyon located right under the active Arenal Volcano in the town of La Fortuna. At Pure Trek we believe in focusing on one thing and doing it the best...Canyoning... that will rock your socks off!!! Family friendly...and adventurists too.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children
Baltimore, Maryland
29 attraction reviews
“Adventure seekers will love!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Great experience. Four rappels. Three were in waterfalls and one was a dry wall. Second favorite activity in Arenal. Favorite was white water rafting with Wave. The companies work together though so we did both on the same day. Best day yet in Costa Rica.

Visited September 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

My wife and I had not been repelling before signing up for this tour. So glad we went with these guys. We had an exceptional time with our guides as well as the other people in our large group. We met people from all over the world and can't wait to go repelling again. Fun, safe and informative.

Seattle, Washington
7 attraction reviews
“Waterfall Rappelling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had no idea what I was in for on this tour. Our travel agency booked this activity and it was something I never tried and I thought my husband might like it, so I went with it, secretly terrified. I am fairly scared of heights. They throw you into the fire right away, as the first cliff is the tallest. The guides did a great job at keeping a relaxing and safe atmosphere. I leaned back and took the first jump and it was so scary and adrenaline-pumping and it took me forever to get down because my leading hand wouldn't listen to me when I told it to let up on the grip so I could go down, but I ended up LOVING it. It was so much fun! The other drops are not as long, but a little more complicated because a couple have you drop a bit before you can put your feet on a wall. You definitely get soaked, but the waterfalls and the canyon are gorgeous. I would definitely recommend adventure sandals and not sneakers. By the end of the tour I felt like I got the whole rappelling thing down and totally felt bad***. The way they have everything set up makes it entirely safe, and they have two guides helping you control, one at the bottom and one at the top. After that first cliff I realized I wasn't in any danger and it was just fun bouncing down waterfalls. I also really enjoyed the short hikes in the canyon and out of it, I hike a lot at home so it was interesting to me to see all the different fauna. This was my favorite adventure tour I did on my honeymoon in Costa Rica.

Saint Louis, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
“So thrilling!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Our neighbors took this tour 2 years ago and insisted that we try it. Honestly, I don't know if I would have booked it had they not raved about it so much. Wow, it was amazing! So scary when you are at the top of that first waterfall, and they tell you to "sit back" to begin the rappel. So exhilarating once you reach the bottom and see what you have accomplished! Gorgeous scenery and an incredible experience. The lunch was ok, but honestly I didn't really need the lunch to enhance my experience there. We bought the CD of pictures, and are so glad we did, because the pics are just great! I happened to meet the owner while I was there, and she was so friendly. If you are looking for an amazing adventure, this is it! My two boys, aged 11 and 13 absolutely loved it. It is something we will never forget!

California
4 attraction reviews
“AMAZING!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

There are no other words! Friendly service, awesome experience, just all around amazing! A must do!!