My teenage children and I spent 4 days at Nayara and the Arenal Volcano area after spending 5 days on beach. We were absolutely thrilled with our stay at Naraya. We stayed in a Casita and were so pleased with the accomdations. There was a very comfortable king size bed, with a separate sitting room that contained a day bed and twin bed, My son felt like he was in his own room. The bathroom was huge with a double shower, double sinks and an outdoor shower in a very private setting. The outdoor jacuzzi tub and lounge chairs were also very nice but perhaps cushions would have made the chairs a bit more comfortable and easier to lounge in. Turndown service was lovely.
The property has 3 restuarants and we had dinner in all 3. The food was very good in all 3, service prompt and attentive and the atmosphere in each was unique and lovely. My only complaint was the lighting in the sushi restuarant and the new restaurant by the infitiy pool. It was so bright in both and it kind of ruined the otherwise beautiful atmosphere. It you are seeking a romanitc candlelight setting, I would suggest an outside table in both. It's a shame because they are otherwise beautiful. We requested they dim the lights several times but don't think they could.
I loved the wine bar, a perfect place to relax after a day of adventure. They have an extensive wine collection and you can order a taste, half glass or full glass. It was nice to be able to try different wines and the prices were very reasonable. You can also order a bottle at dinner and take the remaining wine to your room. Big leather couches or a lovely bar made it comfortable for everyone
The pools are clean, cool and beautiful but a bit small. Perfect for couples but children may want more. We thoroughly enjoyed reading by the pool on the comfortable sofa chairs and the wait staff was very attentive. My daughter and I both got messages in the Spa and they were very nice. The open message rooms allow you to enjoy the sounds of the wildlife along with the soothing music. Very relaxing and enjoyable. Morning pilati and yoga classes are offered as well.
The property was absolutely beautiful, extremently clean and well maintained. I enjoyed taking morning walks just to experience the butterflies, birds and sounds of the property.
What made the stay memorable was the incredible staff at the hotel. I can't say enough about the prompt service, whether is was to bring us a room key, give us a ride to our room, suggesting a wine or planning excursions, everyone was fantastic. They remembered our names after the first day and would seek us out to ask how we enjoyed our dinner the night before, an excursion they planned etc. I feel bad because I can't remember all of their names but a special thank you to Felipe who recommended and scheduled the perfect schedule of adventures for us. We enjoyed ziplining, the hanging bridges hike (which we did on our own since we had a car), ATV tour through the volcano base, the hot springs at eco termales (tabacon was so touristy/expensive) and shopping in the town.
This hotel is perfect for couples seeking a romantic getaway, singles looking for a retreat or families looking for a beautiful respite from the more touristy aspects of the La Fortuna area. It was amazing how private the property was yet and how accomodating to different types of travelers. I will definately be back and recommend to my friends.
One other note, stop at Toad Hall on your way in or out of the La Fortuna area. Super nice people, great views of the lake and really good guacamole!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park