My wife, 11-year-old daughter and I took an Abercrombie & Kent tour of Costa Rica. We stayed at the Costa Rica Marriott San Jose for 2 nights, Tortuga Lodge in Tortugeuro for 3 nights and the Nayara hotel in the Arenal region for 2 nights.
Overall, the tour was fantastic. Great events planned each day for kids & adults, very nice hotels, great guides and service. I would highly recommend this tour for families with kids 6-16.
This review is of Nayara.
Man, I have to say this is the nicest hotel I have ever stayed in. The rooms were incredible - indoor/outdoor (private of course) showers, private outdoor hot tubs, private balconies with chairs and hammocks overlooking the forest, air-conditioning, satellite TV, very spacious, beautiful wooden furniture, nice local art. All situated along paths where you can walk or call for a golf cart. Short walks to several great hotel restaurants with a variety of foods for all tastes, pools, spas, fish pond, etc. The staff were superb and spoke English. Great kids choices for food. Located close to the natural volcanic hot springs (awesome) and the canyoning and rafting activities (I did the canyoning, while my wife and daughter went to see the hanging bridges - a big attraction nearby). A trip into town is also fun - plenty of souvenir shops and good local restaurants.
I very highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Arenal region.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park