“Bonita” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens

You added Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens to your Saves list
Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 KM Oeste de Fortuna | Arenal volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 33021, Costa Rica (Formerly Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Boulder, Colorado
“Bonita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Stayed three nights at Nayara while hiking around Arenal. Great hotel with world class staff. Thoroughly enjoyable. Centrally located to volcano, La Fortuna, Hanging Bridges and Lake Arenal. Nayara has two restaurants and wine bar with quality collection.

Room Tip: Rooms 8-15 have unobstructed views of the volcano from the patios.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

This was such a beautiful place to spend our honeymoon. The staff and owners exceeded our expectations by far. We booked the honeymoon special and exchanged the tours for adventure tours and the process was very easy. Staff sneaked around like little elves hiding rose petals and setting up romantic things in our room. Johanna was one of our favorites from Altamira and she was also in charge of the romantic dinner set up for us. Nancy from Sushi Amor was another favorite. Angelo, one of the owners?, was around the hotel introducing himself to us and offering to have dinner with us which made us feel very welcome. He even suggested we have "coco loco's" on the house which became my new favorite drink!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

What an exceptional hotel!!! We were blown away with the beauty of the resort, the rooms, the service and the food. There was not one thing missing. From the moment that we were greeted to the time that we departed, we felt like every single staff member LOVED having us there. The attention to our every single desire was taken care of. The suites are very large and the furniture is solid wood and pure beauty and the rooms have a beautiful wood wrap around balcony with a private hot tub, a hammock and.. We loved spending time on the balcony watching all of the birds, beautiful flowers blooming from the multitude of trees and watching the iguanas and squirrels. The rooms also have the coolest outdoor showers with two shower heads and have beautiful trees that surround you but you also have very large indoor showers with two entrances and two showerheads and even a heated towel bar. The pool has a fun swim up bar and all throughout the resort there are private spots in beautiful settings, like secluded hammocks, secluded hot tubs and an amazing fish pond. We also had the couple massage at the spa and loved it! All of our meals were delicious and exciting.. Every day the breakfast buffet contained new things to try and there was always an abundance of fresh fruit. We will definitely visit again.. It was the BEST way to start our married life!!!

Room Tip: I can't imagine there is a bad room on the entire property!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Wow! What a great place. The reservation process was great and the staff was very helpful in answering the questions I had (the live chat was a nice feature). We arranged our transport through the hotel and it was a very smooth process. Throughout our stay, the staff was unfailingly polite, helpful and had a great attitude. Our room was fantastic with wonderful views. We were also vey pleased with the food. We booked our excursions through the hotel and had great experiences zip lining, rain forest and volcano hikes and the class 3/4 whitewater rafting trips. We have recommended Nayara to several of our friends already.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Spokane, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at Nayara and from the warm and genuine greeting with wine and cool towel till the day we checked out was exquisite. We met the owner and he said that everyone there was very well taken care which was clearly evident in the level of service we were given. The food was fantastic, spa worked some wonderous magic on me and the room......words fail me in my description if it. Magnificent comes to mind, paradise, heaven. I highly recommend that if you are traveling to the area and looking for a place to relax and indulge yourself, stay here. I know I will again. Thank you to all the staff in front and behind the lines that made our stay what it was. Congrats on your success and we will be back.

• Stayed October 2013
Simi Valley, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My new husband and I stayed at Nayara for the first half of our honeymoon in August and we had the best time ever! The grounds and staff exceeded all our expectations. The pool side bartender was an artist with the drinks and was always fun to talk to. And the food was some of the best we had during our trip in Costa Rica. I really miss their consistently delicious breakfast buffets! The rooms are fantastic with the extravagant patio overlooking Arenal with our own private hot tub and the outdoor shower amongst gorgeous and vibrant foliage made us feel so spoiled! Our only regret was staying here for the first half rather than the last half of our honeymoon since it set such high expectations that the last half was a bit of a disappointment!

Room Tip: We stayed in a room which was a bit of a hike up hilly grounds. Some people may not be fond of this...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The first thing that called my attention was the punctuality of everything. I was picked up at the airport as soon as I came out of customs by a gentleman carrying my name on a board. The drive was as planned. When i arrived at the hotel I was greeted by Felipe at the door who was very friendly and helpful. I was given a cold towel and a juice cocktail. From that moment I was impressed by everyone's friendliness, they seemed to be doing a job that they enjoy and were very happy doing it. You would think the staff owned the hotel:they were so proud and happy to be taking care of you.

The food was delicious. They have an outdoor grill with delicious meats and a buffet of salads and dessert. The buffet breakfast was spectacular, it had all kinds of fruits, I tried the granadilla for the first time and loved it. The buffet was splendid and included with the room. I loved all the restaurants, especially the terrace of the sushi. I should mention that everyone speaks perfect
What stroke me the most was the resort's integration with nature; the beautiful design, the bright colors, the way everything came together in perfect harmony.
I found a bridge that was closed and i asked a staff person what was going on on the other side They told me that they were building anew hotel and very courteously offered to show it to me. I went with Esteban and he showed me the new rooms with pools, the new restaurant Blythe pool,the spa, etc.everything was so perfect that I felt that the buildings had been created by nature. Everything was done with utmost care not to disturb the natural setting but rather integrate modern comforts with mother nature.

As i was leaving Carlota the parrot was calling me "hola,hola" I was in heaven!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Been to Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!