Took a trip in August 2013 with my two daughters (8 and 10). We spent 4 nights at Nayara and could not have asked for a better stay. To put in perspective, I frequent and love the Four Seasons chain so am accustomed to exceptional customer service. It does not have the international experience of a large five star chain but comes very close (and for half the price).
The service was nearly perfect and the accommodations were what I expected. It is a great location, very close to a little town with dives to dine and in the heart of the rain forest. We were close to a number of tours and experiences.
As mentioned above, the service was great. Reception, house keeping, bellmen, and restaurant staff were attentive and remembered our preferences throughout our stay. My oldest daughter's primary goal was to see a sloth on our trip. It sounds easier than it is. The entire hotel staff was aware of this desire by the end of our first day. On our third day, one of the bellmen grabbed us at breakfast and drove us to a "behind the curtain" area of the resort and pointed out a sloth for us.
Rooms are large, clean, and come with a great view. We had room 15. It has a balcony with a great view of Arenal as well as an outdoor tub and shower. Meals we ate at the hotel were very good.
Two notes: (1) remember you are in a rain forest. If you are not comfortable with bugs and lizards, you should consider a different part of the country. (2) (and this is a problem with my expectations, not the hotel) I was expecting to be walking among Monkeys, Sloths, and other exotic animals throughout the property. They are not that abundant.
I will recommend this resort to anyone asking about where to stay in Costa Rica or Central America generally. Exceptional trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park