“One of the most beautiful and amazing resort experiences!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens

Save Saved
You added Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens to your Saves list
Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6 KM Oeste de Fortuna | Arenal volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 33021, Costa Rica (Formerly Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Dinner+$100 spa Credit
Atlanta, Georgia
“One of the most beautiful and amazing resort experiences!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

My husband surprised me with a trip to Costa Rica and I had no idea of what to expect. The stay at this hotel was the best experiences I have ever had. The service, the staff, the food and most definitely the amenities --all were amazing. We enjoyed the food at all the restaurants onsite. The sushi bar was perfect for happy hour and a sushi appetizer before dinner and the main dinning room was amazing--every meal was a treat. Breakfast in the morning was delightful and there was something for everyone. I just happened to be celebrating my birthday during our trip and the most amazing cake was sent to my room! It was so much better then the cakes in the US!

The room was amazing--photos online dont do it justice! Huge, well appointed and just amazing. You have to see the outdoor showers for yourself--simply lovely!

We enjoyed all the flowers, gardens and water features not to mention the glorious view of the Arenal Volcano. We loved the surprise up close experiences with Carlota (the red/blue macaw), sloths and beautiful native birds. The swim up bar and pool was perfect, drinks were great and again I can't mention the staff enough. They are committed to service and know how to treat their guests- I have recommended this resort/hotel to everyone I know considering a trip Costa Rica trip--it was our favorite place in the whole country! It's small and perfect--not over run with lots of people--we absolutely loved it-- I will say its primary focus was on couples and we did indeed meet a lot of honeymooners, although a few families were there too. Everyone was so nice, friendly and amazed that we had such a beautiful place to stay!!! Seriously, Book your reservations today!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms come with a view of the volcano--I can't imagine a bad room at the hotel! I...

1,949 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (555)
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We just got back from our Costa Rica trip and one of our hotel was the Nayara. It was set in a beautiful location, close to Arenal volcano and one of our favorite activities, the Arenal Hanging Bridges. The hotel welcomed us immediately with refreshing cold cloths, and wine for us and a fruit drink for our children. It was such a nice welcome after flying all night and driving from San Jose. Francisco took our luggage and us to our room. He was a wonderful tour guide and quickly got us acquainted with the resort. We were celebrating our anniversary and we were surprised to find rose petals in a shape of a heart on our bed as well as eclairs for dessert at turn down time. We loved the outdoor jacuzzi on the deck as well as the hammock. The outdoor shower was very unique and a hit with our children. It was amazing to look out from our bed and see Arenal and all the trees of the forest. They call them rooms but really they are more bungalows. Plenty of room for our family of 4.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Washington DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

Everything at this hotel is very well done; they have thought of everything here. The "room" was really a large bungalow, with a HUGE and well-appointed bathroom and a private wraparound deck with hammock and outdoor bathtub and shower! Good food with a wide selection, several nice nooks for a drink or meal. Very helpful and friendly staff. While the hotel staff were extremely welcoming to our family, the number of young couples and honeymooners here made me worry that we would disturb others, and I didn't dare let my son explore the private jacuzzis without my checking first :-). No fault of the hotel, but I would not recommend this place to families with young children unless they are quiet and well-behaved. That said, we loved our time here! The removed location of the hotel meant that we did not get into La Fortuna much, but we did go on several excursions to local natural attractions: canopy tours, hanging bridges, swimming in hot springs, there is a lot to do in this area!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

This place is amazing! We stood here for our honeymoon and the staff went above and beyond everytime. This place really does think of everything!! Our servers Keilor, Josue & Roberto were exceptional at every meal. The bartender make some of the best drinks around. This place is perfect- can't wait to head back!

Dallas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at this paradise on earth. From the cool towel and glass of wine upon our arrival until we checked out, my wife and I found a different surprise each day. Each staff member at the hotel went above and beyond to make sure our stay was spectacular.

Room Tip: the higher the number of the room, the further away you are from the lobby and restaurants. WiFi se...
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Whoever gave an average rating for this resort is loco!. I cannot imagine the staff letting anyone have less than excellent experience. Every guest is treated as a friend and they would do pretty much anything for you. Nayara absolutely deserves the best of the best reviews. We all agreed one of the greatest things is they did not nickel and dime us. They handed out water bottles like candy at no charge, always had fresh fruit in the lobby, the continental breakfast is fantastic and FREE (they wait on you, offer you 3 choices of fresh juice and switch out your napkin if it looked dirty-not your typical continental breakfast), and I mentioned a birthday of my guest and we arrived to a big birthday display in our room and a cake to serve at our dinner that they did not charge me for. The rooms were extremely clean, and I was surprised at how many bugs we did NOT see being that the rooms are surrounded by jungle. The hummingbirds were beautiful and a frog greeted us once while we were in the Jacuzzi on the back deck (which every room has). The pictures on the website are great but do not do it justice. There are so many beautiful pictures that came from our vacation on top of what you see. The outside shower is what I will miss the most, unreal. I could go on and on why you should vacation at Nayara: turn-down service (w/cookies), amazing spa, fun towel animals everywhere, wine bar, parrot that greets you, quick taxi service to town/hot springs/anywhere you want to go, but I should keep this somewhat short : ) I did not even get into the reasons why you should vacation in Costa Rica! But that's for another day. In short, I did not want to leave this amazing resort and staff (I literally teared up) and I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Whippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We should have stayed here longer! This was the second stop on our honeymoon trip. We actually preferred the Arenal area to the beaches, which surprised us. We didn't see much of the volcano while we were there because of the clouds, but on our drive in we saw it and we took a tour from the hotel which gave us awesome views as well. Each room is it's own little bungalow. I don't know that you could have a bad room. We were in room 22, which was super close to the reception and restaurants. We had a jacuzzi tub, chairs, and a hammock on our balcony, where you could easily relax just listening to the birds. We had an indoor and outdoor shower, both of which were lovely. The staff was wonderful. The room was made up with rose petals for our arrival with a "happy honeymoon" sign, which was a great touch. We were also given a complimentary bottle of champagne and a cocktail welcome reception, and the breakfast buffet was included in the price of the room. They also have computers in the lobby (though there is also wifi in the room) and you can make free calls to the US. This hotel was top-notch all the way. We will certainly plan another trip to Nayara!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!