“Beyond Compare” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens

Save Saved
You added Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens to your Saves list
Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 KM Oeste de Fortuna | Arenal volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 33021, Costa Rica (Formerly Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Dinner+$100 spa Credit
Dallas
“Beyond Compare”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

My wife and I spent 5 nights at this paradise on earth. From the cool towel and glass of wine upon our arrival until we checked out, my wife and I found a different surprise each day. Each staff member at the hotel went above and beyond to make sure our stay was spectacular.

Room Tip: the higher the number of the room, the further away you are from the lobby and restaurants. WiFi se...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (587)
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Whoever gave an average rating for this resort is loco!. I cannot imagine the staff letting anyone have less than excellent experience. Every guest is treated as a friend and they would do pretty much anything for you. Nayara absolutely deserves the best of the best reviews. We all agreed one of the greatest things is they did not nickel and dime us. They handed out water bottles like candy at no charge, always had fresh fruit in the lobby, the continental breakfast is fantastic and FREE (they wait on you, offer you 3 choices of fresh juice and switch out your napkin if it looked dirty-not your typical continental breakfast), and I mentioned a birthday of my guest and we arrived to a big birthday display in our room and a cake to serve at our dinner that they did not charge me for. The rooms were extremely clean, and I was surprised at how many bugs we did NOT see being that the rooms are surrounded by jungle. The hummingbirds were beautiful and a frog greeted us once while we were in the Jacuzzi on the back deck (which every room has). The pictures on the website are great but do not do it justice. There are so many beautiful pictures that came from our vacation on top of what you see. The outside shower is what I will miss the most, unreal. I could go on and on why you should vacation at Nayara: turn-down service (w/cookies), amazing spa, fun towel animals everywhere, wine bar, parrot that greets you, quick taxi service to town/hot springs/anywhere you want to go, but I should keep this somewhat short : ) I did not even get into the reasons why you should vacation in Costa Rica! But that's for another day. In short, I did not want to leave this amazing resort and staff (I literally teared up) and I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Whippany, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

We should have stayed here longer! This was the second stop on our honeymoon trip. We actually preferred the Arenal area to the beaches, which surprised us. We didn't see much of the volcano while we were there because of the clouds, but on our drive in we saw it and we took a tour from the hotel which gave us awesome views as well. Each room is it's own little bungalow. I don't know that you could have a bad room. We were in room 22, which was super close to the reception and restaurants. We had a jacuzzi tub, chairs, and a hammock on our balcony, where you could easily relax just listening to the birds. We had an indoor and outdoor shower, both of which were lovely. The staff was wonderful. The room was made up with rose petals for our arrival with a "happy honeymoon" sign, which was a great touch. We were also given a complimentary bottle of champagne and a cocktail welcome reception, and the breakfast buffet was included in the price of the room. They also have computers in the lobby (though there is also wifi in the room) and you can make free calls to the US. This hotel was top-notch all the way. We will certainly plan another trip to Nayara!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Not much more that I can say that isn't covered below. The setting is beautiful, the staff is wonderful, the rooms are great, the animal sounds are exotic. Great location to do lots of activities. Most of the guests seemed to be on their honeymoon, but we went with our two kids -- no problem, they loved it. About the only "less than perfect" score would be on the dinner -- we didn't love our food, and it was pretty pricey. However, breakfast was great, and the 2-for-1 happy hour each night is great. Would definitely come back again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

This hotel is our most favorite in the world!! My wife and I stayed there only 2 nights in late June of this year. Next time we'll stay at least 5 nights and here's why: Unbelievable views of Volcano Arenal, friendly accommodating staff, great food on the resort and at nearby restaurants. Close to everything you want to do in the LaFortuna area. Quaint yet a feeling of openness because of the lush gardens built into the property. The rooms are very comfortable and very "Costa Rican". You wake in the mornings and know your a half a world away. Probably the best breakfast buffet I've ever had and this is from someone who normally will pass on the buffet to order alacart.
We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Probably not a bad room in the resort.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Amazing hotel! We spent three nights of our honeymoon here. Friendly and attentive staff. The property was beautiful. I have to say it's one of the best hotels I've stayed at. The Nayara suite was spacious and modern. The balconey/patio had a clear view of the forest and volcano.

I thought the restaurants on the property were both top notch. The head waiter at Altamira (unfortunately I forgot his name) is remarkable. It's always the best when your waiter remembers what scotch and wine you order.

Two of the owners and the architect were present during our stay and made an effort to greet the guests and ask for their input. You can tell a lot of thought went into the hotel. They thought of everything. They even placed laptops and IPads in all the common areas for the guests to use. The WiFi actually worked throughout the hotel!

The spa was also great!

There is construction going on right now. Normally, this drives me nuts. But, to be honest, it didn't bother me in the least. Loved the stay. I'd definitely recommend the hotel and go back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
North Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our stay at Nayara was out of a movie. The property is beyond beautiful, with lush gardens and private villas throughout the grounds. The staff was attentive and the food and drinks on Nayara were top notch. The hotel is conveniently located in Arenal so it's easy to access all the attractions in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!