“Best Honeymoon Destination in Costa Rica” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens

Save Saved
You added Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens to your Saves list
Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   6 KM Oeste de Fortuna | Arenal volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 33021, Costa Rica (Formerly Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Dinner+$100 spa Credit
Hoboken, New Jersey
“Best Honeymoon Destination in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

We came here for the first week of our Honeymoon from June 16 - June 21. These were the best 6 days of our entire 11 day trip. The hotel was beautiful, the service was impeccable, the rooms were beyond amazing, and Arenal was our favorite part of Costa Rica. We are already so excited to talk about our 5 year wedding anniversary and how we are going to come back to Nayara for a week.

Seeing Sharon's smiling face every day made us so very happy. Jonathan, Equin, Lindsey, Judy, Jonathan (second one), Andres, and everyone that worked at the hotel were the most caring, attentive, wonderful people we have met.

If you are planning a Honeymoon make sure to include Nayara in your plans. The only thing is to make sure that you either only stay at Nayara OR go to Nayara on the second half of your trip because we went to Tamarindo Diria after Nayara and hated it because nothing compared to our stay at Nayara.

Can't wait to see you all in 5 years!!!

Room Tip: *Try and book the Nayara Suite - you won't regret it! *Beds are a little hard *Internet works...

1,945 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (554)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

Our honeymoon's third destination - amazing hotel, with fantastic service, lovely food, excellent venue and brilliant room.

From the glamour of having a private balcony jacuzzi to view the Arenal Volcano to the splendour of having an on-site tasting menu with paired wine this hotel was fabulous.

The staff are lovely and brilliant.

Our casita deluxe room was fab and had everything (and more!) than we could need!

Recommended without reservation!

Estero, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our 5 day stay at Nayara to celebrate our 5th anniversary. This resort was incredible! The views were spectacular and the staff went above and beyond. I left my bathing suit at the nearby hot springs and they sent someone from the hotel to pick it up for me! You will not be disappointed if you stay at this resort. There is so much to do at nearby attractions. Nayara is by far the best place we have ever stayed!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 20s are near the lobby, restaurant, wine bar and pool. Amazing, clear view of the Aren...
Colorado Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Wow! What an amazing place! We had a large group, yet each couple had their own casita - very beautiful and romantic. Exactly as their web site portrayed. From the minute we stepped of the bus, we were treated like royalty. The staff continually surprised me with their exceptional courtesy, including water bottles they handed us on the way to a new excursion and cool towels after returning from an excursion. My wife and I will definitely return here.

Room Tip: All casitas seem to have a great view. Our casita was #12 which was close, but not too close, to th...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

This hotel has struck the perfect balance between being professional and warm/friendly. The staff is well trained with a keen eye for customer comfort and needs. Other hotels could learn a great deal from Nayara. If your are visiting Arenal this is the place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

The Nayara is paradise! I am blown away at how amazing this resort is! The staff is so amazing! Jonathan at the pool bar has been so great to my husband and I and was so kind and welcoming! We will also never forget Jose, Kailor, or Juan Carlos for their exceptional service at Altimira restaurant! The flambé and guacamole made fresh was to die for! I feel like these people are my family now and they hold a very special place in my heart! Very blessed to have met them! Can't wait to come back again!

• Stayed June 2013
Bridgeport, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

I can't tell you enough about this amazing resort! My husband and I chose Nayara for our honeymoon based on all these reviews and I am ecstatic that I can now add a review of my own! The pictures of this paradise don't do it justice! It is all that and more! Staff is beyond friendly! Lots to do and see! The pampering is unbelievable! Romantic,adventurous,relaxing,AMAZING! If you are trying to find a honeymoon spot you will be more than pleased! Our guides have all been absolutely phenomenal! Just went on the Rio Celeste volcano hike yesterday with our guide Jose Benavides and we loved it! He taught us so much about the rain forest and answered all of our questions! I wish we could stay long enough to personally get to know all the staff bc they are the best people I have ever been around! You don't even get a chance to have to ask for a refill during your meal they are on it! We have even extended our stay 2 more days bc we love it so much! This is honestly the perfect place to get to see a piece of Gods beautiful work! Thank you Nayara for making this the BEST time of my life! We can't wait to come back and we haven't even left yet! Food is perfect and fresh! Rooms and resort are SPOTLESS! I have NOTHING bad or even slightly negative to say!

Room Tip: Nayara suite room 27 was so romantic! Outdoor shower, the most comfy king size bed I have slept on...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!