“Great stay for our honeymoon!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens

Save Saved
You added Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens to your Saves list
Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 KM Oeste de Fortuna | Arenal volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 33021, Costa Rica (Formerly Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Dinner+$100 spa Credit
Houston, Texas
“Great stay for our honeymoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayed here for honeymoon in May 2012. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The room was amazing. The bathroom with the outdoor shower was lovely. We loved the view from our bed that we woke up to every day. We made a point of enjoying our balcony, hammock and hot tub. The service was good. We were sad to go. Definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (596)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

My husband and I spent four nights at Nayara and loved every minute of it! Here's our breakdown of our stay:

Check-in/Check-out
Check-in was quick and easy. The cold towel and beverage made us feel welcome from the moment we stepped out of our van. Checkout was also a seemless process. There was an erroneous minibar charge on our bill and when we told them we didn't get anything from the minibar, the charge was removed without a question.

Room
Our room was so spacious, and the view was the best view I've had at a hotel! We enjoyed sitting on our back deck in the hammock or lounge chairs. The private hot tub on the deck was the best way to unwind after dinner. The rooms were cleaned punctually every day and turndown service was an added bonus. We had a room with 2 double beds, and my husband and I couldn't understand how you could "share" this room. It's definitely a romantic hideaway. The shower door is clear, so I'm not sure you'd want to share a room with anyone.

The breakfast buffet was delicious. Being able to fill up for breakfast before going on excursions was a great bonus. Also, having the premade sandwiches and granola bars to take with you for the day were nice touches. We didn't eat lunch at the hotel as we were out during the days. Dinner at Altimira was good, not great. However, Azteca night on Sunday night was by far the best dinner we had at the hotel. Sushi Amor's happy hour in the afternoons was a nice treat. The mixed chips were a great appetizer at Sushi Amor. We went into La Fortuna one night for dinner, but by the time you pay $10 each way for a cab, you end up spending the same amount of money as if you just ate at Altimira. The wine bar is a very neat place and very reasonably priced.

Atmosphere/Grounds/Staff
The staff truly wants to make sure you have a realxing, enjoyable stay. I loved that they offered excursions, but they didn't push you into booking excursions through them. The hotel grounds are well-kept and very beautiful. The pool is small but was never crowded. The only thing I would've liked to see was a gameroom.

Overall, we loved our stay at Nayara. We would highly recommend it to anyone going to Costa Rica. It's one of my favorite hotels we've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: All rooms have unobstructed views of the volcano, so you truly can't go wrong!
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Nayara Resort in November 2012...and it was simply amazing. The service was perfect, the food, the view, the room...it was worth every penny! When I think of a 5 star hotel, I imagine one like Nayara. This resort was The Best resort I have ever stayed in. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect get away.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Roselle, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Very nice resort. We had a wonderful time the staff was great. The room was spectacular we stayed in a Nayara Suite. The hot springs are only a few minutes away by cab. Tours in the area were very enjoyable. The Romantic dinner was beyond belief. Spa was wounderful and pool was nice. Would recommend this place to anyone.

Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Best. Hotel. Ever.

The service is spectacular. The food is delicious. The views are breathtaking. The room is romantic. The outdoor shower transported us to a different world.

Hands down the best vacation experience of my life - and I've spent 2 years overseas traveling.

I dream about this place, and I'm 1000% certain my wife and I will be returning.

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I decided to honeymoon in Costa Rica, we spent the first half at the Nayara Hotel and the second half in Manuel Antonio (at Arenas del Mar Hotel).

The Nayara Hotel was hands down the coolest and best hotel I've EVER stayed at. Here are a few reasons why:

-The staff was extremely friendly; they greeted us with salads and wine upon arrival.
-The property itself is incredible. There were so many different plants and animals, as well as a coy pond, and tucked away jacuzzis. Needless to say, the grounds were aesthetically pleasing.
-The pool had a swim up bar ~ enough said.
-The casitas are very spacious and private. The jacuzzi, lounge chairs and hammock on the patio were very enjoyable.... not to mention the wonderful view of the volcano and rain forest.
-Breakfast is included in your stay and were my favorite meals of the trip. The buffet items change regularly, and the omelet station was great.
-Each day, the housekeepers left us a different "towel animal" and rose petals on our bed.
-The air conditioning works REALLY well.

I'm sure I left out a few things, but overall this was the best hotel I've ever stayed at.

Room Tip: We stayed in casita #15, which was on the volcano side AND was on the end, so there was no one to th...
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Nayara was one of the best hotel experiences I've had in a long time! The property is beautiful and well maintained, the rooms are clean and spacious with a perfect view of the volcano, the staff are all extremely helpful and friendly and it was a great value for the price. The breakfast buffet was delicious (it was included in the room rate) - all the food was very fresh. I would definitely recommend Nayara if you are looking for a romantic getaway or a place to surround yourself with nature. We saw a Sloth, Parrot and beautiful birds and other animals on the property too!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!