My wife and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the beautiful Nayara Hotel in La Fortuna, Costa Rica. We selected this hotel based primarily on its 5-star Tripadvisor reviews and we were not disappointed. Our stay started off with a good laugh, because our king-sized bed had a 'Happy Honeymoon' sign on it, and was strewn with rose petals. Nice touch, but we have been married for 34 years. Maybe this was prophetic, because they made us feel like we were on a second honeymoon. The grounds are absolutely beautiful and the staff is extremely welcoming and friendly. We stayed in a Casita Deluxe, which was very nice. The canopy bed, jacuzzi on the private deck, and outdoor shower added to the romantic feel. The Nayara Suites are quite a bit larger and more secluded, but the Casita Deluxe met all our needs. One word of advice; we were originally assigned to Room #1, which is the closest room to the pool and restaurants. After an exhausting day of travel, we were ready for an early bedtime. The noise from the swim-up bar and the restaurants was disruptive, so we mentioned it the following morning. The front desk staff was very accommodating and moved us to Room #5, which was much quieter. All rooms have a beautiful view of the Arenal volcano from the deck. We ate almost all our meals at the hotel and were very satisfied with the food quality. The free breakfasts were especially good. My only bad meal was a hamburger ordered poolside. The evening meals in the open-air Altamira restaurant were accompanied by a Spanish guitarist, which added to the romantic ambience. We also enjoyed a couple of meals at Sushi Amor.
We indulged in a couples massage & facial the final night of our trip. It was a great way to end a perfect vacation.
I have read in a couple of other reviews that visitors with children got the stink-eye from some of the other guests. Granted, Nayara Hotel welcomes families. But when you see the property, you realize that their target audience is couples, especially honeymooners. If you are looking for a place to take a family vacation, I would suggest another property. Visit Nayara when it's just you and your significant other. We hope to visit again some day.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.