Nayara was a unique and relaxing hotel, set in a beautiful location. The rooms were stylish and the views were amazing. The food was tasty and a decent value. Our driver from the airport, Giovanni, was super nice. We also enjoyed the bartender, Jonathan, who got to know us a little bit and let us hold Carlota the Macaw (two days in a row!) Other than these two employees, I did not observe the kind of outstanding /personalized service others have written about. The staff did not remember our names or stop to ask us about our stay or anything like that. At night, someone would knock on the door and say "turndown service", hand me two bottles of water and leave w/out even coming in. We did not have the manager get to know us, although we missed the manager's reception. I am not complaining because I am low maintenance, but just pointing out the level of service received. Overall, it really was a great place, but I did not find it to be 'world's best' service. I travel to new countries every year, so maybe I just have a different scale. We visited with our 5th grade daughter and there were lots of kids due to it be Easter break in the U.S. The few couples there were giving us/her dirty looks, although the staff (especially Jonathon) was very nice to her. Reading Trip Advisor reviews, there seems to be an ongoing battle between couples/families at this small resort. If you are a couple who cannot stand seeing kids, you may want to book an Adults-Only resort. That is what I do when I travel without my daughter. This resort welcomes families so you can't blame families for visiting. With that said, I think very small kids/babies would be bored here as it's a remote location and we just spent all of our time lounging and reading....oh and watching Carlota. She is an awesome bird! The volcano was really neat to see, too! We will probably go back some day and the price was a good value, too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park