My wife and I stayed in a suite from Feb. 9-11, 2013, then went to another hotel on the west coast to get some beach time. As we were leaving my wife and I both said we wish we could instead stay here the rest of the week.
I don't even know where to begin. The service is OUTSTANDING!! We've stayed at many good hotels around the Americas over the past few years, and no one treated us as well as this place. We are not big spenders, didn't do the spa or anything, but were treated like royalty anyway.
Just a couple of the many examples I could give over the 3 days we stayed - because it was an anniversary celebration trip, the first night they gave us a bottle of champagne, and then brought a cake to our room that said Feliz Anniversary, "compliments of the restaurant".
On the last evening we were going to try to finish off what was left of this giant cake, but we had no silverware. I started to head out the door to make a trek to the restaurant to find out if I could get some, and a hotel employee happened to be going by in a golf cart. He stopped and said, "is there anything I can help you with sir?". And I said, "no, I was just going to look for some silverware", and he said, "go back inside, and I'll be back in 5 minutes". He sped off and was back in less than five minutes with 2 full sets of real silverware, (not plastic) and white cloth napkins! I have many more examples from the people at the front desk, to the maids, etc. They were all great! It got to the point where we believed we could ask for an elephant and we would get the standard answer, "yes, of course we would be happy to do that!".
On top of that, the place is gorgeous! La Fortuna is a great little town nearby, and the Volcano was spectacular. They also have a beautiful red McCaw (not sure of the spelling) bird, that we saw on our first day. We were looking up at it in the tree, and talking about how beautiful it was. All of the sudden it looks down at us and says "hola!". Turns out it hangs out around the hotel area, and they've named it Carlotta. We looked for her every time we were out and about on the grounds.
I've seen some mediocre reviews of the restaurant, but I have to say, we're used to eating at nice places, and the food here was excellent. If you try the tortilla soup you will be hooked and want it every day!
All in all, we will come back here every chance we get.
Dan & Sherry Pittenger
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park