I won't bother repeating all of the glowing reviews others have posted, they are all true! Here are a few things I can add however.
Avoid the rooms at the back of the property. One of the hallmarks of Nayara is that each room is very private and surrounded by lush jungle, at least that was my expectation. We were in Room 37 and checked in while it was dark. We were in the back corner of the property and sat out on the patio listening to the insects buzzing and enjoying what we thought was thick jungle. Imagine our surprise when we woke the next morning to the sound of circular saws and work men hammering away on new construction just a few hundred feet off our patio!
Evidently Nayara has become so popular that they are expanding to accommodate all the guests. There was a small ravine behind our hotel and directly on the other side were several new villas going up. I was looking forward to using the hot tub and the hammock on the porch to relax, but that was pretty much impossible during the day with all of the work going on. When we contacted the manager he apologized and offered to move us. Since we had already unpacked and the following day was Sunday with no work we decided to stay. They ended up giving us a free dinner at one of the hotel restaurants which I thought was very fair. I just wish they had informed us before we checked in, so we weren't quite so shocked.
The pool is the perfect size for this resort. i read several reviews mentioning the small size but it is best to think of it as a really large hot tub instead of a small pool. There are benches and tables throughout the pool and water jets alternate around the outside. The pool is focused on a swim up bar, so after you get your drink you can just relax in the pool. Really great! Also, the Scarlet Macaw that lives at the pool was really fun to watch.
Seeing all of Arenal at one time is really rare. We never saw the top except for maybe a few minutes. From talking to the locals I guess this is very common and it is very rare for it to completely clear off..
Somehow the concept that we were going to a RAIN forest was lost on me. Since it was the dry season, I guess I expected it to be, well, dry! Wrong. It just means that it rains less than the rest of the year. Still a great place but cloudy and rainy much of the time.
The service we received at Nayara was the best ever! This is really a top-notch operation and extremely well run. The staff seemed genuinely glad to have us there. Would love to go back after they are done building.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park