This was the 2nd hotel we stayed in for our 2 week honeymoon in Costa Rica. We were here from December 20-23, 2012.
Nayara is a honeymooners' paradise, to say the least.
From the moment we checked in (which was at about 10pm due to the most gut-wrenching, white-knuckle 4-hour drive from Siquirres that my amazing husband navigated that night) we knew this place was top-notch. Not only did we receive a refreshing cold towel and a lovely fruit drink upon arriving, but they actually even prepared for us two delicious salads because they were afraid we didn't have a chance to eat dinner! And no charge! How amazing is that?! It's not even an all inclusive! They also left us a small bottle of champagne the first night and a full-sized bottle of champagne the second night! For checkout they left us with a cute little wrapped gift of granola bars (I'm not sure if this is what they give to everyone but this was one of my favourite things to take for lunch! How did they know?) We truly felt special at Nayara.
The food at both the sushi bar and Altamira was excellent. Dinners were a little pricey but absolutely delicious and worth every penny! As another poster mentioned, the selection for breakfast was so extensive and many items (sandwiches, granola bars, etc.) were even prepackaged (easy to take for lunch) - they even give you a bag so you don't have to feel like a criminal taking from the breakfast buffet!
The rooms are wonderful as well - our first room was close to the pool, so it was a bit noisy but we mentioned it to the staff the next day and were immediately moved to a much more quiet and secluded room. We adored the private jacuzzi tub and the entire dark wood balcony space. Birds were everywhere. The bed was comfortable and spacious. The iPod/iPhone docking station was a nice touch.
We spent some time at the pool, which was nice and warm, but the hot tubs were truly great! A recommendation: instead of paying $$ to go to the hot springs at Tabacon or other hotels, save your money! There is a public hot spring just past Tabacon hotel that is free to use (look for the yellow gate). Watch your step - some of those waterfalls are pretty powerful!
Unfortunately the entire time we were there the weather was very wet, misty, foggy, rainy...we didn't get a chance to see the Arenal volcano and we had a VERY soggy hike at Rio Celeste (the water wasn't as blue due to the weather but it was still a great hike and I highly recommend it), but still the atmosphere was super romantic and a great mid-way point for our honeymoon.
NB: if you're driving to Nayara, it's very easy to miss the signage - you have to turn off from the main road from La Fortuna and drive about 5 minutes on a very potholed, dirt road before you reach the hotel. If you're coming from the opposite direction, you don't even see any signage, so don't miss it! We passed the entrance a few times before catching it. Keep your eyes peeled, especially at night!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Tingo, Priceline, Travelocity, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter and HotelsClick so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park