We started off the first five nights of our honeymoon at the Nayara. The trip started off shaky after we checked in to the hotel. Although we were on our HONEYMOON and had booked a king bed 10 months in advance we were checked in to a "queen" room which was actually two double beds. I understand that hotels overbook room types, however, I was displeased that the front desk gave us no warning. Once I walked into the room I started crying...not a good start to the honeymoon. My new husband is 6' 4'' and sharing a double bed with him was not really what I had planned when we booked the resort. Had anyone gave us some type of warning I would have understood. The front desk girl that failed to mention the tiny bed situation offered us a different room, the type we had booked initially, for check in the next day and a free spa treatment but at that point I had already started off in tears...no bueno.
The food was fantastic and we recommended the wine pairing to everyone we met. I was shocked at how good the sushi was and found out that they had brought out the chef from Sushi Samba NY to train the staff. Sushi Samba is my favorite restaurant and loved the chance to indulge in the delicious fusion in a tropical environment.
Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a more secluded honeymoon destination, just make sure to verify your room type so you don't get any surprises :(
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park