All of the reviews are dead on...almost too good to be true. My husband and I traveled to CR and stayed at Nayara in Oct. 2012. Some construction going on at a nearby unit was our only complaint. For the price you pay to stay at Nayara it's almost unbelievable. If this property were in any other country it would be WAY more expensive. Please stay here, you will not regret it. Email prior to your stay and request a unit with a view of the volcano - unforgettable. The hot tub on the decking was so fantastic. After our 5 night stay I think I was permanently pruney from being in it so much. We rented a car a drove from San Jose, not too bad of a drive. Having the car was nice, no guided tours for us. We took ourselves wherever we wanted to go. A small fridge in the unit made it possible to purchase drinks and snacks so that we were not bothered to leave our room at all. Absolute luxurious feeling when using the outdoor shower, or laying in the hammock. Internet is spotty - but really? Who cares.
Please book a spa treatment. My husband and I did a couples volcanic mud massage - the first treatment of the day, so the massage artists were rested and excited for the day. Romantic - listening to the wind while mud is slathered and massaged into your body. Then a nice romantic ending - showering the mud off of each others bodies. :) So relaxing and so beautiful.
You can see animals jumping about in the trees from the comfort of the hot tub on the deck of your hut! We had a super high-powered lens - so zooming in a little and identifying those animals was so FUN!
CR was a location we never planned to travel to. We typically go against the grain and travel to places no one has heard of... But we are so glad we went to CR and experienced the green beauty of the country.
Stay at Nayara - no regrets. Talking birds, staff who are truly happy in their jobs. Hot tubs, beautiful views. Romantic luxury and good food! Breakfast is awesome too. Lots of fun little quirks that you just have to experience for yourself.
TIP: go check out the caves - Venado Caves. Best experience - crawling, climbing, getting soaking wet. So fun and so unique. Do it!
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.