My husband and I stayed here for three nights during our honeymoon. We were exhausted upon our arrival, having traveled over 5 hours to get to the hotel, so we were thrilled to be greeted by the most friendly and enthusiastic staff. Throughout our stay, the service continued to be excellent, whether it was at the restaurant, the spa, or even from maintenance.
The grounds were beautiful -- lush and jungly but very carefully landscaped, and the room we stayed in was amazing. The outdoor shower (which I was a little unsure about at first), huge bathroom and terrace with jacuzzi were all beautifully decorated and were cleaned very thouroughly every day. The only downside was the very uncomfortable furniture in the sitting room -- we opted to sit on the bed when watching TV and never really used this space.
The food in the restaurant was good albeit pricey, and the massages we had at the onsite spa were some of the best we've ever had. The staff was also very helpful for us in booking excursions, and we thoroughly enjoyed both of the excursions that the hotel recommended for us.
So why I am giving this hotel four stars instead of five? The main disappointment was that the whole hotel was just a little inauthentic for me. The website describes the hotel as both a resort and a luxury boutique hotel, but it is definitely more resort than boutique hotel. We probably met about 10-15 other couples during our 3 night stay, and they were all also on their honeymoons, which detracted from the experience somehow. Also, I don't really think you get a flavor of the Costa Rican culture from being there because you are so far from town. We would have liked this hotel more if we felt that our experience was a little less cookie cutter and a little more local. Bottom line, it is a fantastic place, just make sure it is the right one for you!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens is a five star luxury boutique hotel that is widely recognized for providing premium luxury amenities and ultra-personalized service at surprisingly affordable rates. Located in the outskirts of the amazing Arenal Volcano, Arenal Nayara is an oasis of tranquility, where guests can experience a profound and organic immersion with nature, while living in luxury at the same time. Surrounded by lush tropical rainforest, each one of our 50 spacious casitas (bungalows) provide an exclusive, ultra-luxurious retreat. Each expansive casita (ranging from 855 to 1905 square feet) includes a secluded garden with an outdoor shower and a beautiful terrace overlooking the volcano with a private, intimate Jacuzzi for two. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Arenal Nayara Hotel And Gardens
- Arenal Nayara Hotel Gardens
- Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park