“Ufffff, incredible place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens

Save Saved
You added Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens to your Saves list
Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   6 KM Oeste de Fortuna | Arenal volcano National Park, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 33021, Costa Rica (Formerly Arenal Nayara Hotel & Gardens)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Dinner+$100 spa Credit
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Ufffff, incredible place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I can said that this Hotel is the most impressive, amazing, outstanding and wonderful place I have stayed in my life. There is no words to describe the incredible service, the amazing views and the wonderful weekend I spent there.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Nayara was Heaven. We stayed there for the first 4 nights of our honeymoon and if we had known how wonderful it was going to be we would have stayed there the whole time. We arrived and were given a cool cloth and smoothie while they checked us in. I did ask for a King bed suite and was put in a double but only for one night and they quickly had us moved the next morning. Everyone was so nice and helpful in giving us ideas for things to do and see. I loved that they had all the day trip and excusions you could imagine and took care of it all. The breakfast buffet was probably one of the best we have ever had, ANYWHERE. The suite was amazing so clear and huge. Every morning you woke to the most amazing views of the volcano and chirping birds. There are about 50 different suites/bungalows i believe but you feel like you are completely secluded and alone. The place has a very calming romantic feel to it, perfect for couples. Some of the suites can be a little bit of a walk if you are higher up but its good exercise and if you don't want to walk they have golf carts and they will drive you to your room. They have hot tubs nestled between the trees and plants which are great after a long day of activites. We loved CR and can't wait to go back. I would come back to Nayara again and recommend it to everyone who is considering CR.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 33 it had a great view of the volcano (but i think they all might) and it was very...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Ann Arbor, MI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I spent five nights at Nayara this November. It was our second visit and, if possible, even better than the first. It's an absolute oasis, where I unplug like nowhere I've ever been. The grounds are lush and gorgeous, but if anything sets Nayara apart from the crowd, it's the service. The staff - from resort manager Jorge to servers and porters - is simply impeccable. They're clearly invested in the success of the resort and take incredible pride in their jobs. (A special shout out to Juan Carlos and Keillor, both of whom demonstrated such care and good humor.)

I spent my birthday there, and with the volcano as backdrop and the staff spoiling me with a birthday cake, it was one of the best ever. (Keillor's pretending not to believe I am as old as I am didn't hurt a bit either.)

The place has changed since our last visit, most notably with the opening of the sushi restaurant on the property. In addition, the demographic seemed to skew younger than last time, but that may be the effect of going in the off-season when rates were a little lower. We were a little concerned it was becoming a bit more of a party place, but that didn't bear out.

There was construction going on while we were there, which put a bit of a dent in our solitude. However, Jorge was gracious and responsive about moving us to another casita further away from the noise. His commitment to guest satisfaction is unparalleled.

Speaking of construction, it looks like Nayara is undergoing a massive expansion - I believe it's doubling its current number of casitas (45, I think right now.) One of my favorite things about Nayara is that it never feels crowded, like some resorts. It was rare to find anyone else in the gorgeous jacuzzis and while the pool was sometimes busy, it was never so much so that it felt unappealing. In truth I'm a little concerned that a big increase in guest load will change all that, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

There's also a huge increase in price coming in 2013 - nearly 20% higher than at present. I'm worried that'll price it out of our range, when we would like to keep coming back for as long as we can. In fairness to Nayara, though, this still places them lower than some of the fancy resorts surrounding them, but it may be too rich for our blood.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Wow this place is amazing!! From the grounds, room, pool, spa, food and the hotel staff. It is simply amazing!!! We stayed 3 nights and it was not long enough. We are planning our next trip back to spend a whole week.

Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

Nayara Hotel is a nice retreat. We were greeted upon arrival with cool clothes scented with vanilla and mint. Very refreshing. Check-in was easy and we arrived early and they were able to give us 1 of the 2 rooms then. They assisted us with tours. We enjoyed the pool bar some. The breakfast buffet in the morning was great! Only disasspointment was, we had requested a king bed at the time of reservations and we received a room with two doubles, but did not mention it as we arrived early. I was amazed on the amount of children staying there though, which I did not expect. I don't think it's appropriate for children to be in a pool where there is a swim up bar and patrons smoking. I would think families would enjoy a more kid friendly atmosphere, but that's just me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I could not have imagined a better place to escape from Thanksgiving dysfunction. The property is absolutely gorgeous. It is lush landscape gives you the feeling you are actually in a jungle paradise. Each stateroom is privately situated within this tropical growth so you are enclosed by nature giving you perfect privacy to enjoy your outdoor jacuzzi. My favorite was the outdoor shower that I used every single day. We gave ourselves spa treatments that were just superb. The spa facilities are literally in the middle of the forest with open treatment rooms that just make the experience even better. All of the staff is very courteous, friendly and helpful. We had the breakfast buffet included as part of our package it did not regret it one bit since the Chef changed up the menu daily. Nayara has it all; truly number one. What a treat.

Room Tip: We were told that the staterooms further up the hill away from the main common areas are perfectly d...
Flagstaff, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

My husband and I stayed in Nayara for 3 nights on our honeymoon after a very long travel day coming all the way from Belize. Nayara was exactly what we needed; welcoming staff, delicious fruit drink upon arrival, bellman driving us right to our room with a quick tour of the grounds, and much much more! The room was beautiful and minimally decorated, outdoor shower is awesome, and they even had a complimentary bottle of champagne waiting for us in our room because it was our honeymoon! If that wasnt enough, the manager of the hotel Jorge personally invited us to meet him for a drink on him while we were there. Nayara staff makes you feel at home.
The Wine bar was a fun experience and the man working there was extremely knowledgable and friendly.
The breakfast was MORE than enough with a huge selection for everyone, not stingy at all like we experienced at other hotels.
Yes internet only worked in the main parts of the hotel, but come on you're on vacation the internet shouldnt be your main concern. I notice everyone is always on their iPads or iPhones and losing out on the experience of what vacation is about!
My only disappointment with the room was that the volcano view was totally blocked by a tree, and they advertise that each room has a volcano view. We were in Room 10 so make sure your view is actually of the volcano and not blocked by a tree.

Room Tip: Ask about the volcano view
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Nayara Hotel, Spa & Gardens? Share your experiences!