Beautifully laid out lodge. Nice, comfortable rooms - why do Costa Rican hotels have two beds in each room? It would have been better to have had a little table and chairs or even a chest of drawers. Clean and with a lovely bathroom. Coffee machine a bonus.
Fabulous balcony with view of Arenal when the clouds parted. Lots of wildlife in the well kept grounds - a multitude of birds and butterflies. Pool looked inviting, but we didn't venture in - prefering the local hot river instead! We walked the little trail at the back of the grounds (take mossie repellent) which was interesting enough, but only took 10 minutes.
Breakfast was tastey, with good variety including fresh fruit, a cooked option and usual toast... The restaurant in the evening was VERY hit and miss. Overpriced for certain, but one or two dishes were very good; whilst others were disastrous. Never managed to get a drink with the meal, always arrived as we were finishing. Over all the staff were very friendly, the rooms well tended and it was a peaceful and calm experience after a hideous trip up the foggy, rainy, winding road from San Jose. Do not go the route through San Ramon, no matter what your sat nav says!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and Despegar.com so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park