We stayed at Casa Luna for four nights and we loved every moment of our stay! The staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. The hotel itself is absolutely gorgeous: the grounds are clean and well kept with a wide array of flora and fauna (you will be sure to see frogs, lizards, and many different types of birds including hummingbirds!). The pool is clean and never crowded, unless you go at night, then the frogs love to sit around the pool and serenade you. We stayed in C4 and every morning, we had a breathtaking view of Arenal and the toucans that love to sit atop the trees! The property was quiet and tranquil and just the perfect place to stay. Our room was clean, simple, and beautiful, and we especially loved the large balcony. We spent many an early morning just sitting and watching the birds. At night, it was wonderful to sit and enjoy a glass of wine while listening to the frogs and enjoying the sereneness of the surroundings. The food was fresh and fairly good--I mostly ate the rice and beans and fruit each morning. We had dinner there on our first night; it wasn't the best and it is not the most authentic, but it is convenient. The center of town is not far, a good half hour or so walk. You can also rent a bike or have the front desk call you a cab. For about five bucks, you can be brought right into the center of town. While there, be sure to eat at Los Nenes and Soda Viquez! Honestly, I just can't say enough about this little gem! If you have a chance, definitely stay at this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park