Breathtaking views of the Arenal volcano and the Cerro Chato mountains. We recently stayed at Casa Luna as a part of the recent Groupon promotion (Nature lovers package) and our overall experience was smooth and very pleasant.
Firstly, the staff were excellent. Very pofessional, organized and courteous. They helped us organize our tours/cabs and were very patient of our limited espanol. A special thanks to Roy and the ladies at the reception.
The grounds were beautiful and well maintained, as was the pool. The rooms surpassed our expectation as each had a mini fridge, tv and a great balcony to relax and listen to the plethora of birds in the surrounding trees. The wifi worked quite consistently. Great daily continental breakfast with local fruits, cereals a hot omeltte bar and of course, delicious Costa Rican coffee.
The overall location was handy as well. Just a 1.5 km or so walk to the main drag of La Fortuna (or about 5$ cab), or you could head the opposite direction to the La Fortuna waterfall, Oasis nightwalk or toward the hotsprings.
The on site restaurant had some delicious and versatile dining options and my only (minor) complaint is that some of the menu (as well as the bar options) were a bit pricey.
Most of the guests while we were there were couples (both young and older).
Overall, a beautiful hotel/spa/grounds in a good location. The staff were excellent and accommodating. All of our tours ran smoothly from this site. IF you booked with groupon and are doing the nature lovers package, take your passport (or at least a photocopy of it) with you on your Cano Negro excursion.
Thanks again to the staff!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park