My first visit to Costa Rica at this resort was so much better than I expected. The rooms were comfortable, staff are friendly and willing to help. Restaurant food was cooked to order and reasonably priced. Roy was a fabulous young waiter at the Luna Restaurant.
Grounds and pool beautiful and well kept. Small complex but in all a very nice stay. Only problem I had was with the free WiFi which was not always up and running properly.
There's lots to do in the area but don't believe the locals who tell you it's a short walk to town. Traffic is fast on the main road to town and I would not want to be stuck in town after dark and have to walk that road at night. For $4 or $5 for the trip it's worth just to save your nerves.
Walking/hiking up the road you will find a beautiful waterfall. It does cost $10pp but worth it. Take a ride up the hill though if you want to go to Green Lagoon as there is a 2 hour hike up from there. They also charge you $10pp if you stop at the office.
There's horseback riding, zip-lining, whitewater rafting, kayak and canoe, hanging bridges and more trips you can take. Lots of nature to see and hear just outside your door!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park