I stayed at Casa Luna for 5 days and was very pleased with the quality of this hotel. For starters, the view from our room of the volcano was wonderful. The landscaping is very well kept and the rooms were very clean. Our breakfast was included-there was the same menu everyday for the most part-fruit, bread, cheese, rice and beans, and a very sweet lady made eggs for you however you'd like them. For dinner we tried the ceviche and chicken ceasar salad-I would recommend both. My only minor complaint was that I believe the staff was more attentive during dinner time than breakfast. The reception staff was very helpful in reserving tours and answering all of our questions about the tours and our transportation back to the airport.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone going to Costa Rica. The town of the Fortuna is about two miles away and there are a bunch of adventurous tours nearby if that's what you're looking for.
My only suggestion for this hotel is that I think it would be great if it included a Game Center-maybe a dominoes table or darts perhaps? It'd be nice if there were an activity to participate in during the evening since it gets dark early (around 5:30) to get to know the other hotel guests or just for one's own entertainment.
Thank you for the wonderful memories!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa is close to the Arenal Volcano and La Fortuna Waterfall, surrounded by the Cerro Chato Hill and Cerro los Perdidos mountain. Giving us an outstanding peace and harmony. Our distinctive "touch" is provided by the architectural harmony around the hotel. This colonial and rustic architecture has been reached with the delicious combination between wood, metal, color and wall texture, complemented with beautiful accessories. We offer personalized service beyond excellence to exceed your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Casa Luna Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Luna Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- Casa Luna Hotel And Spa
- Casa Luna Hotel & Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park