“DeSafio Tours” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desafio Adventure Company - Day Tours

Desafio Adventure Company - Day Tours
Behind the Central Church, Downtown La Fortuna | Arenal Volcano, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
506-2479-0020
Website
Improve this listing
Book Now

Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: Desafio Adventure Company is a family-owned and operated tour outfitter and considered Costa Rica's premier "one-stop-shop" for adventure travel. We offer high-quality rafting tours, canyoneering, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, birdwatching, kayaking, stand up paddling, transportation, conservation programs, volunteer opportunities and more. We have two rules at Desafio: 1) Be Safe and 2) Have Serious Fun! Look for us near the Arenal Volcano with centers of operation in Monteverde, Tenorio/Guanacaste and Playa Samara! Let us take you to the land of raging, tropical rivers, active volcanoes, deep, jungle canyons and isolated beaches!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Georgia
“DeSafio Tours”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2010

Thanks for making our trip one of the best ever! We used Desafio for airport transportation and a white water rafting trip.

Front Royal, Virginia
“Arenal volcano sunset hike a disappointment...baldi hot springs very commercial”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

We did the sunset hike and the Baldi hot springs and were disappointed, but the next morning we did a safari float trip that we were very happy with, so all in all, a good experience. The sunset hike was informative but by the time we got to the volcano viewing area, I felt our guide was more interested in one of the young females and didn't even point out when the lava flared....very cool and glad I didn't miss it! Baldi was entirely too commercial and I would have chosen Tabacon in hindsight after talking to several people. We still enjoyed it but would have loved a more Zen feeling than the Disneyworld feeling.
On the flip side, the float trip was amazing and informative and our guide Jose was FANTASTIC! I would highly recommend this for relaxation and wildlife spotting. We finally saw lots of monkeys, the one thing we hadn't seen so far. Great trip!

Tampa, Florida
21 attraction reviews
“best entertainment in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2010

My husband and I booked all our tours through Desafio and we dont regret it one bit. The service they provided was outstanding. We did the Mambo Combo tour (canyoning/rappelling and rafting) on our first day and it was our favorite. If you are interested, sit in the front of the raft that way you end up with the best pics. The second day we went to La Fortuna Waterfall via horseback and although I was bumpy to ride a horse, it was a lot of fun. Zip Lining through the canopy was also great. On our second to last night we took the volcano tour and even though we didnt get to see lava (bad luck), it was a lot of fun.

New Jersey
8 attraction reviews
“So much fun, beautiful scenery”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

The scenery on the trip by bus to the River was really nice. The rafting trip was so much fun Stanely was our trip guide and he was wonderful. We went on the Class 3/4 River Toro trip. Lunch was included and it was fantastic. After doing research on chosing a company, I am so glad I choose this one. I recommend it highly,

San Diego, California
“Thanks Desafio for a GREAT vacation!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2010

Desafio planned the perfect vacation for us! We were only in Costa Rica for 4 nights but we were able to do the zip line, canyoneering, white water rafting, horse back riding, volcano hike, and the hot springs. Our days were filled with adventure and laughter and it was perfect to end our trip at the hot springs. The Mambo Combo was my favorite day! I was terrified of repelling down the waterfalls but the guides were excellent and made me feel safe, Diego was very patient and encouraging and there was no avoiding getting drenched by Ronnie. White water rafting was amazing! We started in the pouring rain and Carlos our guide let me borrow his long sleeve shirt to stay warm! The rapids were so fun and I was sure we were going to fall out at times but Carlos kept us safe in the boat! He also pointed out a lot of wildlife and shared some history about the area along the way. We also loved the home cooked breakfast and lunch that was provided. We had reliable transportation and good hotels! Thanks again and I am already looking forward to another trip to Costa Rica and will definitely have you guys plan it and I am recommending you to all my friends and family so watch out!!