“Highlight of our trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Desafio Adventure Company - Day Tours

Desafio Adventure Company - Day Tours
Behind the Central Church, Downtown La Fortuna | Arenal Volcano, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica
506-2479-0020
Website
Improve this listing
Type: Tours, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Desafio Adventure Company is a family-owned and operated tour outfitter and considered Costa Rica's premier "one-stop-shop" for adventure travel. We offer high-quality rafting tours, canyoneering, horseback riding, mountain biking, hiking, birdwatching, kayaking, stand up paddling, transportation, conservation programs, volunteer opportunities and more. We have two rules at Desafio: 1) Be Safe and 2) Have Serious Fun! Look for us near the Arenal Volcano with centers of operation in Monteverde, Tenorio/Guanacaste and Playa Samara! Let us take you to the land of raging, tropical rivers, active volcanoes, deep, jungle canyons and isolated beaches!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Franklin, Massachusetts
14 attraction reviews
“Highlight of our trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I went during rainy season with my boyfriend to go canyoneering down waterfalls!
We were picked up from our hotel and were greeted by a talented and funny staff. They were extremely interactive and shown great concern in safety...and fun.
I was nervous at first as I had a fear of heights, but the first waterfall was a baby one and all my fears subsided. The waterfalls got bigger, and so did the fun!
This is a great adrenaline rush and it ended with a great meal... no joke. Everything was fresh and delicious. Finally, the photos taken were sold at a GREAT price.
I highly recommend these guys!

Coto de Caza, California
3 attraction reviews
“Great experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I was with my two kids in law Fortuna and we did both rappelling and white water rafting. The guides were knowledgeable and patient. For my kids there was plenty of adventure but they went a little easy on the old man which I appreciated but still left me thinking that I was keeping up with the young ones.

12 attraction reviews
“Guided Hike through Arenal Volcano NP”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Very knowledgeable guide. Hanzel our tour guide, was the same age as our children so they got some insight into what it is like to grow up in CR - school, career options.

Beautiful day made bird-watching easy. The volcano was very visible, which we were told is a lucky event during the rainy season.

I would opt for a longer hike in the future. We finished the tour with freshly cut watermelon, pineapple, and Imperial.

Austin, Texas
16 attraction reviews
“Great time with waterfall rappelling/canyoning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I went on the waterfall rappelling tour in La Fortuna last week (Oct 2013). This is in the rainy season and our group was small with only 5 plus the 3 guides. I have no experience with rappelling but it was one of my favorite experiences (ties with Bungee in Monteverde.) I was picked up from my hostel, quick scenic 30 minute ride in a truck, thorough safety lessons were given, then we rappelled 5 waterfalls. It was a blast! I would recommend wearing a rash guard or similar instead of a tshirt. Also invest in water shoes such as Keens and this will be much more enjoyable (as well as all the other activities in CR.) Again, guides were great. Afterwards you get a nice lunch buffet. Pictures can be purchased if you want them. Picture prices are variable depending on your group size. Solid company and great experience.

Long Beach, California
“Tons of FUN!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

Desafio adventure company definitely was one of the attributes that made our trip enjoyable. The guides we friendly, helpful and always willing to go above and beyond to make our adventures more interesting. Eddie the driver that picked us up from the airport to our LaFortuna destination made the long drive interesting, he knew his country. Pointing out areas of interst, stopped a a delicious SODA midway for breakfast breaking up the drive.

We also booked several other excusions and all guides and adventures fun, safe and friendly guides.

Visited September 2013