“Loved our room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mountain Paradise

Save Saved
You added Hotel Mountain Paradise to your Saves list
Hotel Mountain Paradise
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   La Palma De La Fortuna, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 183-4400, Costa Rica   |
Los Angeles, California
“Loved our room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Getting to the hotel from the airport was a journey in itself. Upon arrival though, made it well worth the ride. This hotel is awesome with the waterfall shower and jacuzzi in your private backyard. The staff is friendly and accommodating. Every time we walked to our room if felt as if we were going to our own little romantic paradise. The room was clean and the grounds were clean and well kept as well. I would definitely go back when I return to Costa Rica.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

873 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
newcastle
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I would give this hotel 4 stars and I can definitely see why other people have rated it this way. There are some great points but some things were a let down for us personally. We found the lighting very annoying. Although there was a hi tec wall pad to control the lights, they still never got bright enough, and the room always seemed dark even with the patio doors open due to the bushes and shrubery around each terrace. The major reason we have knocked stars off was due to the poor service at the resturant we had. Both of us were dissatisfied with both our starters and main meals. I had to send my first main dish back as it was utterly inedible. I have no idea how a chef could have sent it out and thought it was ok. My second choice came back and was missing ingredients from the menu, and by then my OH had finished eating and we just wanted to leave. They staff did wipe some cost from the bill though and this was much appreciated. Onto the positive points, and there are many I must agree. The room is nice and large with a good sized tv. The terrace is lovely to sit on and watch the humming birds, and we made use of the mini jacuzzi which I recommend you should definitly not miss out on. The breakfast was good all days except one when the waiter didnt hand us a menu to order from as usual and just said continental or a different style (I forget which others now). Not knowing which was what I ordered continental and all I got was 3 slices of warm bread (not even toasted!) and no butter. Another good point was the heated pool and swim up bar that we used. It was quiet season when we arrived and we often had it to ourselves. The barman Johann(?) was a delight. Oh, and not to forget the impressive style bathroom. Having 2 showers to choose from was great. Although one of our windows was damaged and didnt shut properly. As such, this was a risk for theft so was disappointing. The wifi also did not work in our room despite it being near reception and the website offering this as a service. All this though, we had a great stay and enjoyed the area. Would recommend for many others.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Hamilton, Bermuda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

This was the best hotel we stayed in while visiting Costa Rica. The rooms, setting, service and staff were first rate. The grounds and view of volcano Arenal were spectacular. I would highly recommend Hotel Mountain Paradise to anyone traveling to La Fortuna.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Beverly Hills, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This was a most pleasant experience......from the time we arrived with a greeting drink to the end of our stay, we have nothing but praise to offer about this Hotel. Gabriela at front desk was always helpful, pleasant and friendly with a smile! I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is accustomed to being treated well in a lovely atmosphere! My mouth dropped open when I saw the bathroom.......garden paradise! You won't be disappointed and the beds were exceptionally comfortable. We slept with the patio door open and never used A/C. Thank you to the staff for making our stay such a memorable one.

Room Tip: check out the bathroom.........I was so pleasantly surprised! The showers are amazing......and there...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Naples, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We spent 5 nights here the first of Oct. It was me and my husband and my mother in a master suite which has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms as well as it's own private heated swimming pool. Breakfast was included each day. Only one day did they have the full buffet due to low occupancy but then we ordered off the menu. One night we had dinner and the food was pricey but out of this world fantastic.

Our room was 403 so it was a hike up the hill, The only reason I am not giving 5 stars is because you cannot park near your room and this was an issue because my mom has mobility issues. The view from our room was spectacular. The volcano was clear most of the time, we saw hundreds of hummingbirds, dozens of toucans, a troupe of howler monkeys and many other birds. The room had a waterfall shower in the master bath (btw is the size of my bedroom) and we all enjoyed it. Everyday we marveled at the towel animals. I am a concierge at a luxury resort in FL so I am jaded but I learned a lot from the staff here.

Daniel's check in was superb and I plan on "borrowing" some on his techniques. He set me and my mom up for the chocolate spa package. The spa tech was one of the best I have experienced. He also reserved our tabacon hot springs and a safari float. We used the thermal pool at the hotel but not the wet bar. The grounds are kept perfectly and the landscaping is so pretty and tropical.

Rooms are super clean. If we were traveling without my mom we would come back, but the walking was too much for her.

Room Tip: The higher rooms are more private but you have to walk up/down a hill to your car/pool/dining
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Our expectations were all met, the resort was perfect. We had a great time @ Mountain Paradise. The staffs were all great specially Daniel, Gabriela, Ana (from the restaurant) and also Arlen. The rooms were kept clean daily. Overall the resort made our stay in Costa Rica memorable. Would definitely come back and refer to friends and relatives.
Daniel (front desk staff) at one point was very accommodating that he helped us fix a problem and made our stay worry free. Gabriela on the other hand offered us the $5 a day long distance calls anywhere including international that made our stay even better. Made us connected with our families even if we're miles away specially on my birthday. Ana and Arlen were so nice whenever we dine @ the restaurant always smiling and entertaining. Everyone were pleasing, helpful and would go out their way to please you. Believe me, try Mountain Paradise resort and you'll have a memorable trip just as we did.

Room Tip: Ask for room 102, great view, very near the pool, restaurant, front desk and parking.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This hotel was the most pleasant surprise of my trip to Costa Rica!

Upon arriving at La Fortuna and passing by bigger hotels, I got a little concerned when I first saw how secluded this hotel was.. When we got to the reception area, and could not see rooms around, I got even more concerned. We were greeted with welcome drinks, which started make me more comfortable, and it all made sense when they got us into a golf cart to bring us to our room!

Let me tell you that I was in complete awe!

First of, this place has amazing sight seeing and landscaping.

There is a heated pool that is opened 24 hours, with a bar which is opened until 10:00 PM. There is also a hammock area by the pool.

The rooms are cute private cottages, very nice and quite, surrounded by beautiful nature. The rooms are nice, clean and spacey. One of my favorite features was the bathroom. It has a nice shower, plus a waterfall shower with natural plants! Absolutely stunning! The "patio" to our room was completely private with nature all around it, an absolute perfect view of the volcano, two nice chairs and a jacuzzi. How perfect is that!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The only thing you have to beware of is the fact that the reception staff only works until 10:00 PM, so don't lose your room key. However, I believe every other hotel in the area has the same schedule.

I would stay at this hotel again, and will definitely recommend to friends and family as well !!

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Mountain Paradise? Share your experiences!