“Lush property superb staff” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Mountain Paradise

Save Saved
You added Hotel Mountain Paradise to your Saves list
Hotel Mountain Paradise
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   La Palma De La Fortuna, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park 183-4400, Costa Rica   |
Prairie Village, Kansas
“Lush property superb staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel as part of a Gate 1 tour A package. The hotel ground were incredible lush and beautiful. They have a heated pool from the hot springs. There were a lot of hummingbirds all ove the property. We had a nice little patio where we sat and listened to wildlife at night. We went to Tabacon Springs for dinner and the hot springs. I highly recommend going there. I went in 1999 and remember it t
Just as beautiful as it was back then. The hotel staff was sooo very nice, spoke great English when necessary and was very accommodating. I highly recommend staying at this property.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

While clouds shrouded Arenal Volcano during our stay, we enjoyed the beautifully maintained grounds -- a tropical paradise with hummingbirds galore! The room was clean and nice, complete with a waterfall shower in the bathroom and (what would have been!) a dead-on view of Arenal Volcano. We relaxed at the heated pool and swim-up bar, along with other guests and Miguel, the resident green iguana! Staff was helpful in making arrangements, and the hotel offers a free shuttle to La Fortuna.

Room Tip: Most rooms seem to offer volcano views and private hot tubs.
Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We had an excellent time during our visit to this hotel. The hotel and the staff were excellent. We were only able to stay for a weekend, but wished we had more time. The heated pool and wade in bar really added to the experience.

Boynton Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The hotel was absolutely beautiful and the service was incredible. My mouth dropped when I saw our adorable private room. The bathroom was the best part. You have your own shower and a waterfall shower and a jacuzzi tub on your porch. Me and my husband were so happy here. We were sad when we had to leave. If the opportunity presents itself, we would love to come back and spend more time here. There are beautiful gardens all along the property and hummingbirds flying all around. We loved the wetbar at the heated pool. The bartender was fabulous and his drinks were yummy. My personal favorite drink was called the Zombie. We tried a few while we were there. Hopefully we will make it back someday.

Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This hotel is a good value and the property is very beautiful. I really struggled with the rating i gave the hotel, 3 or 4.

pros:
beautiful property
great pool
shuttle to town
feels very private

cons:
service was pretty good, but we always felt like they were upset we didn't book our adventures through them. (we like to be on our timeline and not someone else's)
the bathroom - cleanliness left a little to be desired
our room would/could have an AMAZING view of the volcano if some of the brush was trimmed, but as it was we just got to look at about 10 feet of grass and then brush.
expensive restaraunt.

I guess the real test would be to ask 'would we stay here again?'. And the answer for us would probably be 'depends on the price'.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Westerly, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

I booked a four-night stay here based on a great TripAdvisor rating. I could not have been happier! It was a little difficult to find, and the road was scary to drive on, but it was worth it. We were greeted with welcome drinks and escorted up the hill (not too steep) to our room. I thought it was cool they gave us a tour of the grounds and our room. There was a waterfall shower as well as a multi-head shower side by side. The furniture and ceiling woodwork is so pretty. I kept finding myself staring at it throughout our stay. Our private porch had two rocking chairs and the hot tub. The tub wasn't super roomy, but still nice. You couldn't beat the view of the volcano. My pictures came out like postcards and they were taken from my private deck! The gardens are gorgeous. The flowers are beautiful and we saw so many hummingbirds! The hotel pool is heated and has a swim up bar. My one and only complaint is that the stools on the swimming pool side as well as the concrete in the pool cut up some of my skin. Food is terrific and super fresh. The morning buffet always had different items on the menu including fresh juices, tico staples, pancakes, fresh fruits, and eggs to order. Coffee is fantastic which is kind of important considering it is Costa Rica. I would highly recommend this resort for anyone who prefers a quieter atmosphere. All of the employees are friendly and always smiling. Fabulous stay :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

What an awesome surprise. I was dying to see Arenal and had no idea where to stay and I read trip advisor and when comparing prices decided to give the Mountain Paradise a shot. Amazing views with amenities galore. They have bikes, ATV's, tours, etc. the class of travelers in this boutique hotel was classy and professional. I quickly learned that the larger hotels bring in the tour groups, but this property does a great job filtering it all out.

Amazing free breakfast with an awesome dinner. Daniel was great in showing us the property, providing guidance to the area and directions around town. I'd highly recommend this property to anyone wanting a trip to the volcano.

Room Tip: Fork out some extra cash and get a room with a private pool.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Mountain Paradise? Share your experiences!